25 | rooftop

What is apparently so strong, enduring and impenetrable, can also be fragile, weak and vulnerable when hit at certain points.

Friday - 10:55pm

Hemayal saw fire.

Rage, such as she had never felt before, tightened her vessels, boiling her blood to the point where red was only thing she could see. Her jaws were tightened in a straight line, teeth clenched as she furiously walked in the small space of her room. Her fists clenched and unclenched by her side with her eyes set straight - her whole body emitted fire.

That bastard. That damn bastard.

For the past hour, Hemayal had been walking to and fro in her room, her nerves refusing to settle down. She had spent the first few minutes after encountering him in shock - deep, deep shock - refusing to believe that the man had followed her all the way here, before the next phase of anger hit her in the face and she almost doubled over in sheer rage.

Sarim had left the two girls much quickly to themselves, not knowing how to handle one shocked and other oblivious girl. Arsala, however, had walked her to her room and insisted to stay with her for a few minutes. And everything Hemayal did in those few minutes, after her initial shock had subsided, was curse. Her unladylike curses filled the room, Arsala flinching as colorful profanities left Hemayal's lips until she was forced to leave the room after Hemayal refused to calm down and asked Arsala to go.

It has been close to an hour since she had been left alone and all the while, she had only paced, the anger in her veins pushing the tiredness in her legs to periphery. Her fury, finally, subsided a little and first rush of fatigue hit her legs and she stopped before all but falling to the bed behind her.

Dropping her head in her arms with elbows placed on her thighs, she muttered one final curse loudly before closing her eyes, urging her body to relax after few exercises of deep breathing. Not a few seconds later, her nerves started to loosen up and her shoulders sagged, her face crunching up in pain.

What the hell was he doing here?

The question finally entered her brain before logical thoughts followed and the pain that momentarily resided on her face gave way to another emotion - contemplation. With eyebrows furrowed while eyes still being closed, Hemayal's brain raced as all possible reasons and outcomes went through her mind.

He was here to see her.

The only possible reason of his presence here filled her mind and she almost sighed. She had promised herself to stay as far away from that vile man as possible, not trusting herself at all when that man was anywhere around her. She knew she had plans to avenge her losses, but fortunately, none of them involved him being close to her and for that, she was eternally grateful.

And now god knows what game he was playing, showing up in front of her every other day and messing with her already torn mind. For her to safely execute her plans and separate her paths from him, she needed to stay away from him and he was making it impossibly difficult. If he continued showing up in front of her at this speed, she would safely lose her mind any day from now, not to mention her heart which leapt to her throat every time their eyes collided.

Sighing, Hemayal ran a hand over her face, looking every shade of disturbed, torn and tired. Straightening in her place, she looked around her, eyeing the bed for a second, as if thinking if going to bed was the right idea at this moment and she instantly knew it wasn't. Sleep wouldn't come, that much she knew and she would only end up tossing and turning in her bed while endless thoughts rushed through her brain.

Not a good idea at all.

She finally decided that she needed fresh air right now to clear her head and to think logically to handle the situation, the warm air in the room not helping much in this case. Looking around once again as she stood up, she sighed heavily as she wrapped a shawl around her frame after wearing a sweater and exited the room after not spotting any balcony in her own room.