~6~

1898 (continued).

A dangerous calm swept over Albus. As Gellert held his lips against his own, a sudden urgency crept over him.

For something he had wanted for so long, it suddenly seemed not enough.

Locked in a trance, the boys held onto each other, grasping at the others coat, feeling the skin below the lips of the other. Breathtaking and beautiful, above all it felt right.

Albus felt courageous.

He did not know why he did it. Maybe because he had not been sure that the subtle kiss had counted in his favour. Or whether he needed to push the boundary, knowing fully well he was still unsure of Gellert's own feelings. Yet, after they had released each other's embraces, Albus quickly pushed forwards again.

He knocked Gellert onto his back, leaning over the blond-haired boy, Albus pushed down harder. Not to force his friend, but to prove to himself that this was real.

But then it stopped feeling real and started to feel wrong.

Albus stuttered, "Gellert...I'm so..I'm so sorry. I needed to know...I wanted..." he stopped.

Gellert smirked.

His face had contorted back to its usual self. Albus felt normal again from this. It made him happy. He smiled back.

"Do you want to do that again?" Gellert rubbed a finger over his own lips before licking the subtle smear of saliva off it.

Albus was lost for words.

He gave a awkward cough, attempting to reply before holding his nerve for too long which resulted in a shy, corse droop of his head.

Gellert reached over and placed a hand around Albus' neck. In response he lifted up to look his friend in the eyes this time. They were beautiful. The mismatched pair belonging to the guy he had fallen in love with...

"Albus..." he started. "I thought it was quite pleasant." Albus laughed.

In retrospect, Gellert placed his other hand on the opposite side of Albus' face so he was deep in the trance of the other's embrace. Before tucking the stray hair behind his ear, that had fallen in front of his eyes.

"I hope you know that you're beautiful. That's why the kiss was so amazing." He whispered. "Gellert..."

Gellert held his finger over Albus' mouth to quieten him. He realised he wanted a moment just like he knew Albus had wanted for a long time now. These feelings were new to him. Odd in fact. But they felt so right.

"I'm going to kiss you now."

When Gellert kissed him for the second time it was not as rushed as Albus' attempt at conformation. In this he wanted to feel what Albus had felt for him. A treasured consent between two people, nothing that could be frowned upon because it was only them.

Even in the rush of the madness and the breathing, Albus had still managed to smile into the kiss. A mixture of accomplishment and honesty. He was happy.

Gellert grabbed Albus' waist with his other hand as the tension rose, and the kiss deepened. With his first hand on the left hand side of Albus' face, he moved his thumb along his cheek so he could feel the heat rising in the pinkish blush on his face.

Albus' resistance to not smile proved impossible, so instead he moved his own arms around Gellert's hips, so the pair were tightly packed into a small embrace. Sitting in each other's laps, without a care in the world.

Gellert, open to go further, entered his tongue into Albus' mouth. A hot flush now brought upon his own pale face as Albus allowed the passage.

Feeling the rush of helplessness, Albus tried to lean back from the slap of adrenaline. But locked in the embrace, he did prefer to kiss Grindelwald.

Kiss him again, and again, and again.

His soft lips the basis of his meaning. He had lost himself, for something that he had wanted for so long, he didn't realise how easily he had given in to Gellert's...persuasion.

The want for each other was soon relished in the speed of the kissing. Realising that neither would be able to hold their breath for much longer, they began to slow down.

Yet neither wanted to break the moment they were locked in.

Unfortunately, when Albus broke first, he gasped from the tentative notion of his burning cheeks and diluting irises. He frowned from the loss of contact, but smiled from the sensitivity he had just had with his friend.

Or lover. Were they lovers?

Albus sat still in Gellert's lap, staring into his eyes. He in return was staring back but with more question on his mind. Albus could see this.

"Look. If that wasn't what you wanted...if you don't want me like that, I get it." Gellert frowned but let him continue.
"Gellert, what we just did is more than I ever thought I'd get from you, and also it was honestly so much better than I thought as well...so thank you."

The boy in his lap was helpless. They were just two teenagers, kissing. But to him it was so much more than that. And if Gellert was telling the truth to himself, he had felt some of those feelings too.

"You can be an idiot sometimes, Albus!"

But he would never have told him his true feelings...

...ever

~~~
Well, how about that! Aren't they just the cutest. I ship them so much, #Grindeldore.
Also, I'm thinking about doing more flashbacks, what do you think?