~16~

Dumbledore residence (1898)

Ariana's smile was something of perfect beauty. Her lack of intelligence did not account for her love and admiration for her brothers.

Albus was happily sitting on the floor with her. She lit up the room even on the darkest day, and she never judged Albus for anything he did because she didn't know any better. And he loved her for that.

On the other hand there was Aberforth. A man slightly younger, and slightly harsher. Even in those teenage years he wanted the best for Albus, but he refused to give in to the normality of society.

Aberforth would constantly hammer at the wrong doings that Albus had succumbed to since their mother had died. Although they both knew it was because of Ariana's uncontrolled magic, they refused to speak on the topic, even though she would occasionally scare the pair of them if she got too upset.

At the moment though, she was happily drawing on the floorboards with a chalk. Albus removing the pictures with his wand every few minutes so she could start again.

Her laugh filled the orchestrated aroma of the room, Aberforth closely listening nearby as he leant against the mantle of the doorframe in the room.

"Albus, can we talk?" He said in a hushed tone. He didn't want his deep voice to frighten Ariana again.

Albus was in his own world, concentrating on the pulsating consciousness of the wind that whistled through the broken shafts in the roof. But he heard Aberforth, and nodded in response as he got up to leave the room, patting Ariana on the head as he got up.

She giggled innocently, before continuing with her drawings on the floor.

Following Aberforth and walking into the aligning room, Albus hit another gust of wind. The house was a wreck. Bombarded with broken tiles, the wood peeling off from the walls, and the bricks in carnage on the one side of the house.

Even with magic it was difficult to look after the building, as the weather fought against them on a daily basis.

Aberforth made a slow walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. This part of the house was not as much of a wreck.

Albus was trailing him. Slouching, as he pulled himself up onto the tabletop counter and looked across at his brother who was in comparison leaning against the sink, giving Albus a sophisticated frown.

"Should I be worried" Albus said.

"We need to talk about Gellert. You can't trust him, Albus."

Albus rolled his eyes. He knew Aberforth's feelings towards Gellert were pessimistic. It had angered him in the past, but recently, after spending more and more time with the man he loved, Aberforth's opinion soon faded into dust.

"And I suppose you want me to never speak to him again, right?"

"Albus...."

"No, brother. This is my life. I should get to decide who I spend it with. After mom's death, I could have been out there. Exploring the world, but you know what? In a way I'm glad I stayed home. Glad I got to meet him, because I love him, Aberforth. Gellert is my world, and he loves me too."

Albus breathed out, having spoken without taking a breath just to get his point across to his brother.

However, Aberforth wasn't impressed. His folded arms indicated a sign of argumentative retaliation. It wasn't going to be pretty.

"That man has a venom to his conduct, Albus. Can you not see how wrong it is for you to even consider him a friend, never mind this sadistic fantasy you call love?"