Chapter 3

Talia's POV

"Hey, I'm Niall " the boy introduces himself while sitting on the chair next to mine. He reaches out to grab my hand and shake it.

"I'm Talia" I smile and shake his hand."Where is everyone?" I ask him, as I look around the empty classroom.

"Probably still sleeping or running across the campus to make it here on time. There was a party yesterday, so no one really slept" Niall says.

"Did you go to the party ?" I ask him.

"No" he laughs, "partying isn't really my thing"

"Same in here" I laugh along with him."I've never been to a party"

"Wow really ?!" He looks surprised. "I've been to two or three but they are never fun and everyone ends up getting drunk and having hangovers the next day"

We spend the rest of the time before class talking about our majors until the class fills up.

As the day continues, I notice that Niall and I have a lot of classes together, which is a good thing since he is the only person I know in this campus.

I walk out of the last class of the day and Niall follows me as we walk in the hallway.

"So how was your first day ?" He asks with a smile.

"Better than I expected I guess" I laugh.

"Well that's good" he laughs along.

"Horan !" I hear someone shouting behind us. We both turn around and I see a tall boy walking to us. Two other boys are standing next to him.

"Styles" Niall says and I can clearly see that he isn't happy to see the boy.

"So you're into hot chicks right now" the Styles guy smiles and looks at me. He has curly brown hair that are pushed back off of his forehead and tattoos are covering one of his arms. The boys next to him chuckle.

I frown at his choice of words and almost tell him to be more polite.

"Harry, I don't have the time for whatever shitty thing you want to say, so excuse us but we have to go" Niall says clearly annoyed.

"Chill out baby boy, I'm only coming by to say hi" Harry says while rolling his eyes.

Niall sighs and grabs my arm as we walk away and I hear Harry laughing behind us.

"What was that?" I ask Niall.

"Nothing" Niall tells me when we're outside the building, "it's just Harry"

"Why is he rude to you ?"

"He is rude to everyone" he says.

"How do you guys know each other?" Thousands of questions are running through my brain.

"Everybody knows Harry, he is sort of the popular guy in here, always hooking up with girls, the normal asshole" Niall laughs.

"Yeah I can see that" I smile as I unlock the door of my car.

" So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow Niall." I say and I get inside the car.

"Yeah" He smiles and walks the opposite way.

*****

I wake up from a quick nap and decide to make myself some coffee and then visit the place around because I still haven't seen all of Seattle or even my neighborhood. I walk into the kitchen and look at the clock on the wall, it's nearly five in the afternoon. I still have time to visit the neighborhood and to go buy some groceries.

The street where my apartment is located is very calm on this Monday afternoon. Just as I walk out of the building, I notice a car pulling over and parking next to the building the opposite of mine. A boy comes out of it and I immediately recognize the guy who was talking to Niall.

He locks his car and enters the building. He must live in there, oh well, such a lovely neighbor.

I shake my head and walk down the street.

The grocery store isn't far from my apartment and I find myself putting a lot of stuff in my grocery bag. The size of the products in America are huge compared to the ones in England, but it makes my visits to the grocery store less frequent.

I spend the rest of the afternoon re-watching some of the episodes of The Vampire Diaries on my laptop before I drift to sleep thinking about my first day of college, Niall and the rude boy who lives in the building the opposite of mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Those first chapters are so awkward and boring I know but I have big things planned for this book so please keep reading :))