Chapter 5

Harry's POV

Darkness is surrounding me. I stand still in an unknown place although the atmosphere around me is familiar. The only sound that can be heard is the echo of the labored breaths leaving my mouth.

The atmosphere around me is too familiar. I can feel the warm feeling in my stomach, the one that I haven't felt in years. And suddenly I hear it.

Her voice.

I can hear her voice. Her beautiful angelic voice.

I frantically look around me, even though I can't see anything because of the darkness, as I attempt to search for her. I walk and the darkness envelopes me but I keep walking. My slow footsteps turn into faster ones.

I soon find myself running. Running but not knowing why. Running but not knowing from who. Running but not knowing where to go. The burning in my legs and sides convince me to stop running. But a new kind of pain take over my body, an unbearable pain in all the veins in my body. I am freezing all of a sudden and I can feel the temperature decreasing immensely around me. The air is sucked away from my lungs as I struggle to breath. It isn't a physical pain. It's something I rarely, almost never felt.

Fear.

An abrupt noise echoes in the place. My eyes fly open and I find myself in my room, on my sweat drenched bed. My heart is beating fast in my chest. A nightmare. I hadn't had one in years until now.

I sigh and run my hand through my wet hair.

The source of the noise is my phone. The sound of the ringtone echoes again and again in my room and I feel the overwhelming urge to press the "Decline" button but with one look at the name on my phone screen, I know that I can't. I sigh again and answer the call.

"What" I immediately say. I try to keep my voice as controlled as it normally is since I'm still shaking from the fucking nightmare.

"Well.. Hello to you too Harry" I hear the little fucker that Ashton Irwin is giggling like a little girl on the other side of the phone line.

"It's three in the fucking morning Irwin" I say looking at the time on my phone "Don't expect me to be all rainbows and unicorns. What do you want ?"

"We found something" Ashton says suddenly sounding very serious.

I quickly get up from my bed, now completely awake.

"I'll be there in ten minutes" I say and turn off my phone.

Talia's POV

I stand in front of my car, searching for my car keys in my bag. After a good minute of intense research in the bag, I sigh and slip my hand in my jean pocket to see if they are in it. Nothing again.

Where can they be ?

Just as I bend down to check if I accidentally dropped them on the floor, I hear someone shouting behind me.

"What are you looking for, nosy girl who was showing too much curiosity about my writing abilities?"

I turn around and see Harry standing in front of his car on the other side of the road. It's been a week since I last saw him in biology class and he wasn't exactly the person that I wanted to see right now. I roll my eyes at him for calling me nosy and sigh.

"My car keys. I think I left them in my apartment." I shout back.

"No need to go back up there, I can drive you since I'm going to the campus too" he states. My eyes grow wide with surprise. What the hell? Why is he suddenly nice to me? He must be joking. Yes, of course, he can't be serious.

"No thank you, I will go back to my apartment to get the keys." He is the last person I want to be in car with.

"As you want" Harry shrugs "but think wisely, because my offer expires in 3...2...1... Ah too bad" he shakes his head and gets in his car. "See you in bio class" the corners of his mouth lift, taunting me as he drives away.

I frown, Harry's momentary lack of rude snide comments was obviously a one time thing because it didn't last more than one minute.

The day goes by fast and I'm now sitting on the same desk than last week, in biology class. Harry surprisingly shows up early this time and sits in front of me.

"So... today you will work in pairs and every two students will use one microscope to study the structure of cells at different stages of the mitotic cycle." the professor explains and I look at the only student apart from me who doesn't have a partner sitting next to him, Harry.

I turn around to check if Caroline, the girl who was sitting behind me last week, had a partner and I find her already turning on her microscope and talking to the boy sitting next to her.

A large hand clamps down onto my shoulder and I quickly turn around to meet glaring green eyes inches away from my face.

I haden't previously noticed the color of his eyes since he hasn't made eye contact with me until now. Harry looks away quickly and I move my seat further away from him because of the proximity of our faces.

"Neighbors in class and neighbors next door, strange thing isn't it?" Harry smirks and turns on the microscope in front of him.

All the girls in the class are staring at us and I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"Why is everybody starting at us?" I whisper to Harry.

"Because I'm very attractive and all the girls are wishing to be in your place right now" Harry says in a flat tone.

Wow .. How cliché, I think to myself. Can this boy get any more pretentious?

I look at him and try to picture him without his tattoo sleeve or the sarcastic smirk almost always plastered on his face. He turns his attention to the microscope and closes one eye to look into the eyepiece lens. His long and messy hair is pushed back off of his forehead, his loose curls are almost touching the back base of his neck. His full pink lips are slightly parted as he tries to concentrate on his work. His jaw line is well defined and I can't lie to myself, he is very attractive but his personality ruins his good looks.

"Metaphase" Harry suddenly says interrupting my thoughts.

"Um .. What?" I say almost forgetting where I was "Oh yes metaphase" I shake my head "wait let me check" I take the microscope from him and my hand brushes against the back of his. This is sounding more and more cliché.

"Metaphase" I approve looking into the microscope.

We continue working until the class ends and I get up and make my way out of the classroom.

"Talia" I hear someone calling my name and I turn around to see Caroline following me.

"Hey" I smile at her.

"Hey" she smiles back." I thought that we could do something after classes like go and eat lunch together."

"Yeah great idea" I say, taking this opportunity to try and make more friends in this college.

"Ok then! Come with me, I know this amazing restaurant not far away from here" she smiles even bigger.

What an outgoing and lively person, I think to myself. I instantly like her for some reason.

*

*

*

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Longer chapter than usual! Sorry it's been ages since I last updated but I was on vacation. And if anyone is reading this story thanks for reading it 👋)