Chapter 6

Talia's POV

The waitress leads us to a table for two on the terrace of the restaurant. She hands us the menus before smiling and moving to the next table.

"You should try the chicken curry in here, it's delicious." Caroline says while reading her own menu.

Since we left the campus, I couldn't stop thinking about why everybody was looking at Harry and I when he sat next to me in biology class and I desperately wanted to ask Caroline about it but I was afraid that I would sound a bit paranoid if I did. I look at my own menu and try to distract myself by reading all the varieties of food they serve.

The waiter comes by to take our order and then leaves.

"Did you hear about the party at the frat house this coming Friday ?" Caroline asks, playing with a hair tie she has around her wrist.

"I'm not really into parties. Actually I've never been to a party." I choose to be honest with her and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Well you can always try to go to one and then leave it if you get bored." She tells me and then adds "you can come with me if you want."

"I don't think it's a good idea, I hardly know anyone in this university." I never liked the idea of parties and never planned on going to one especially that I was still at the beginning of my semester and had met only one or two decent people in the whole college until now.

"But you'll meet a lot of people in there !" Caroline insists but seeing that I wasn't giving up she changes the subject and asks me where I'm from.

"I'm from England." I say.

"Well yeah I figured that out from your accent." She laughs.

"Right." I smile realizing how dumb I must have sounded stating the obvious."I was born in Hampshire but my family moved to London when I was still a toddler. Harry's from England too isn't he?" I try to get to the question that I wanted to ask.

"Yes but I heard that he moved in here a while ago." Caroline nods.

"Is it just me or was everybody looking at us when Harry sat next to me in bio ?" I finally spill the question that has been burning my tongue since earlier this day.

"Yeah ... everyone was looking at you." She nods." But don't worry, there isn't something wrong with you, it's because of Harry. Every time a girl sits next to him, all the cocksuckers get jealous. But normally no one even tries to sit next to him because he doesn't like to work in pairs. That's why when he sat next to you everyone was surprised. That's all."

"Well.. lucky me !" I remark sarcastically. Caroline laughs and I join her.

The waiter comes back with our food and I ask Caroline in between bites "For how long have you known Harry?"

"For about a year. We had some classes together last year and I first met him at a party. I instantly saw him as a jerk. I mean he is an ass, he is pretentious, and rude like I never understood what girls found in him apart from the fact that he is attractive. But you know that's what most of the girls want." She sighs.

"Yes I guess you are right. He's not very friendly." I take a bite from my food and we sit a few minutes in silence.

"Try to keep your distance from Harry." Caroline suddenly says.

"Why ?" I ask intrigued.

"He is very mysterious. Nobody knows anything about his personal life. He never lets anyone into his house, even his closest friends. He can be a serial killer and is hiding his victims in his house." Caroline says very seriously.