Thirty-Six

[November 21, 2018]

"Say how about we go on a ride in the city?"

The red headed boy walk beside you as you made your way to your school. Its Wednesday and you had him take you to school early in the morning.

The sun was out and you were sure its not a gloomy day today, as you felt the rays of the sun in your skin. It wasn't burning but still, you can feel the slight hotness of it.

"What do you mean ride in the city? We just rode a bus?" You asked him. Brows furrowed when you found yourself confused with his question.

"Not in the morning, I mean." He said.

"You want to do a roadtrip at night?" You asked. Bewildered with Taehyung's mind.

Typically, roadtrip happens at day time. Afternoon, most probably but night? You think its a bit dangerous to do so.

"Yes. And with my motorcycle."

"You have a motorcycle?" You asked him.

You only had the chance to ride his car and you didn't know he owned a motorcycle because everytime he goes to fetch you, you two will just ride a public vehicle, moreover a bus.

"Yeah. So what you say?" He says, eyes bright and a big smile plastered on his face. And you felt his hand grip yours.

"I don't know. Its a bit dangerous, don't you think?" You said, unsure with your decision.

"This isn't really dangerous, is it?" He says as he help you ride his motorcycle.

Night came and now you stood beside his ride. He grabbed your hand with his other on your waist, guided you as you sat down. He put on your helmet, adjusting it on the way. You felt his breath on your face and you can't help but to smile.

Little do you know, the red headed boy was also smiling because of your cuteness. Your cheeks a bit squished as the helmet hug your head, protecting you.

He giggled before letting you go and stepping away from you, only to ride his motorcycle. You felt his weight as your ride lightly bounce down. He put on his helmet, adjusting it on his own.

"Hold on to me tight." His voice a little muffled, you felt him shift only to feel his hand gripping yours and making it wrap around his waist.

You were shy, even though Kim Taehyung hugged you many times before, you just can't get used to it.

"Be safe, okay? Taehyung, I trust you with my daughter's safety." Your dad said as he stood near Taehyung's ride.

"As long as she's having fun." He whispered and Taehyung nodded to your father.

"I'll bring her safe and sound, sir." He says before he step on the kick starter with force. And you felt the motor cycle shake, engine roaring.

Your father nods and you felt your ride moving. You grip on Taehyung's shirt for dear life as you force close your eyes.

"Please don't let me die." You said as you panicked. You only heard Taehyung chuckle as he speed up.

You squeak. Your grip tightening more. You were sweating even though the night air was cold. You think if this thing you are riding will speed a little bit more, you will cry like a baby.

You try to calm your mind but only ended up imagining your mom and asking for guidance and protection.

You don't even know what's gotten into you and you decided to go with Taehyung's idea. God, you haven't even said your goodbyes to Jungkook and now you are going to die.

"Relax. You are safe with me. I wont let you die." He says, voice a bit playful and you hit his chest.

"How am I safe with you? I'm gonna die, Taehyung." You squeak.

Taehyung tried to steal a glance at you. He saw your eyes forced shut and he felt your hands balled with his shirt in it.

"Y/n. Do you trust me?" He says.

You froze at his question. It was that question that made you tender. Mind totally going blank. You ask yourself, do you really trust the red headed boy?

If you truly trust him, then why are so afraid? You knew he wont let you die like what he told you. You even knew that the red headed boy wont let anything cut a single piece of your hair.

"I want you to enjoy. Relax your mind. Feel the air. Isn't it relaxing?" He said now that your eyes are open.

"It is." You shyly said.

"Now try spreading your arms." He said but you shook your head.

"I don't want to."

"You have to let me go." He said as he chuckled at you.

If another circumstances, you would be hurt of his words but now you are frightened. What if you fall off your seat? You don't want that to happen.

He felt his hand grip yours and slowly parting it until you had his shirt out of your hands. You weren't gripping at anything anymore and it only made you more scared.

"Trust me, Y/n." He said and you could only do your best to try.

You slowly let your arms spread on thin air as you hair gets blown away by the force of the air with your ride's speed.

On that instance, you felt free. Like you were a bird and its your first time to let your wings spread. It was amazing, like you were free of all the problems on earth. It almost made you feel like you weren't blind. Almost.

You laugh as you remember yourself frightened earlier. You probably look stupid earlier and you blush as you remember how Taehyung laughed at you.

But Taehyung could only think of how beautiful you are under these yellow lights as he look at you on the side mirror.

After a few minutes, you wrap your arms around his waist. Finally over the overwhelming feeling you felt with the blowing night air.

"Taehyung?" You call for him.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I do trust you. With all my heart." You said and Taehyung could only hide his smile underneath his helmet.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Sweet moments like this make me soft. UwU.