Thirty-Nine

[December 2, 2018]

"Are you okay? You sound like you haven't slept all night." You asked the red headed boy as worry stir up your insides.

"Hmm. I actually haven't." The red headed boy scratches the back of his head as he chuckle to assure you that he was alright.

But he wasn't. Large dark circles were visible under his eyes, his lids feels like they were about to drop and he just wants to sleep for a long time. He hasn't slept for the past two days and he was right in front of you.

Holding your hand so dearly as he sigh. It was like he's getting the energy he needed just by holding your hand and seeing you.

He tucks your hair behind your ear as he stare at you lovingly, "This is crazy." He whispered.

"Why are you my strength and my weakness?" He said as he stared at your lips.

You blush. The red headed boy's words affecting you. You shift on your seat feeling your insides getting stirred in a nice way. You felt warm all of a sudden, your heart beats like a freak.

"What are you saying?" You said shyly.

"I don't even know." He said as he rest his head on the crook of your head.

You stiffen. Feeling the boy sigh every minute, you put your hand to his hair, caressing it as you relax.

"What's happening, Taehyung? Why wont you tell me?" You asked him and you felt him shook his head.

Arms wrapping at your waist, "I don't know, Y/n. I don't know but I'm scared." He says, his voice breathy.

And at that moment, you felt scared too. You don't know why but you wanted the time to stop, feeling like your world would shatter any minute as you sit in the car with the red headed boy.

You felt like crying. Not knowing anything was scary. But having Taehyung clueless too made you want to run and hide with him forever.

But like he said, you are his strength and weakness at the same time. You can't be weak at times like this. If anything, you should be his source of strength so you promise to yourself that you will be strong. For him.

"Whatever is happening, you have to remember that you will always have me. You will always, always have me, Taehyung." You said to him, feeling your tears forming.

You stop yourself. Scolding yourself for being so weak when you don't even know the situation. All you know is Taehyung is lost.

"I know." He said as he tightened his hold and you shut your mouth feeling your sob errupting from your throat.

You heard Taehyung sniff and that only worsen your tears. "Hey. Are you crying?" You asked him.

"Oh." He said as his voice break.

"Why are you crying? You told me you don't know what's happening but look at you, you're already crying." You scolded him.

He chuckles. "Why are you scolding me?"

"I don't know. I just don't want to hear you cry."

"At times like this, I'm glad you are blind." He said as he force his self up from your neck.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to see me weak." He says as he hang his head low and you feel your self melt.

"You know, you don't always have to be strong. Being weak is a sign that you are a human. Its okay to be weak, Kim Taehyung." You assure him as you smile at him. Lashes still damp from the unformed tears.

"You can show me your baddest, weakest and strongest side. Its okay, I wont see it." You said to him.

He doesn't say a word as he wrap his arms around your head, bringing your face to his chest and burrying his head to your hair. And you let him. You let him have his first breakdown.

He shakes. He sniffs. He sobs. He whimpered like anybody does. And you just grip his shirt as you silently cry with him, breaking your own promise to be strong as he breaks.

His tears dampen your hair as yours dampen his shirt. But none of you protest, instead you were thankful that you had something to dampen with your tears.

"I don't want this. I don't want this to happen, Y/n." He says as he shake his head at your hair. And you don't reply to him, instead you just sob.

At this moment, Kim Taehyung wasn't the boy everyone was afraid of. This was a proof that he was like anybody else. He will have his happy moments. He will feel joy and ecstacy but he will also have problems. He will cry. He will have his breakdowns. He will be lost.

And at times like this, you will be by his side. You are ready to laugh with him and enjoy life. Ready to hold him as he cry. Ready to listen to his problems. You will always be by his side through good and bad times.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I almost cried writing this, I dont know why.