Chapter Twenty Four

Smile For Me
Simi

Garrett.

I feel soft hands in my hair, it's soothing so I continue to close my eyes as I savor this moment of silence.

I try to remember what happened but I can't, I just remember that I was close to her.

To my Kismet.

My eyes flies open and I groan  silently at the harsh light, I am In my room.
Wait? My room?

I turn slowly and my eyes blur at the pounding headache in my head.
It's Kismet, she's the one stroking my head.

I watch her as she unconsciously does it, I don't want to make a noise, I don't want to loose this moment.

She hums a tune, it's a familiar tune, I close my eyes to savor it.

"Maman, I think the man is awake"
I freeze and so does the hand in my hair.

So it's true, my Kismet actually got married and had a child.

I sit up slowly and she watches me the way a sheep would watch a lion.
With a lot of fear and a mix of fire.

I groan when I feel my head bang and she reaches out to touch me but I pull away.

Hurt flashes through her eyes and it kills me but I can't let her, she is someone else's.

My fist clench around the sheets and venomous thoughts pass through my head.

If it was another time I would have killed off the man and make her love me again.

"You don't have to look like you've seen a ghost Garrett"
Her voice immediately soothes the beast in me burn her words gets me riled again.

"What are you doing here?"
I ask her, albeit a little harshly.

"So you didn't switch apartments? You still live here?, thank God, it came in handy when I decided not to call your brothers, I knew you would hate that"

She says ignoring my question so ask my question again.

"What are you doing here?"

"I know you don't want to see me but you don't have to be so rude"

I raise a brow and although it costs me a little bit of my strength I don't let it show.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

She rolls her eyes and I stiffen, immediately going into gage mode.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

She freezes, she knows how much I hate it.
"I don't know, did I?"
She responds and I vaguely see her child looking from me to her almost comically.

"Kismet, behave"
That seems to get into her brain because she drops her sassy behavior and immediately adopts her ice cold persona.

I don't like that very much.

"How have you been Garrett?"