Chapter 13: Darkness

Seryla picked herself up as she snapped her fingers, bringing Gideon to her side. She gripped him by his collar as she transformed into an enraged four eyed, sharp-toothed, beast. An Aura of darkness emitting from her. "Stop thinking that you are stronger than I am, when in reality you are weak, Gideon." She growled. Gideon teleported himself out of her grasp, straightening his outfit.

"If you want to keep your life, you might as well obey me and my plan. (Y/n) will kill Alastor, no matter how she might feel about him. Just trust me, and stop being such a bitch. We cannot afford (y/n) to become overly attached to that monstrosity. She belongs to us, and only us." Gideon growled before walking away. Seryla's rage calmed itself and she was back to normal. "You're right..." She mumbled, and Gideon smirked.

Gideon was never one for strength and fighting, nor was he good in combat, but his schemes and intellect know no bounds. Seryla on the other hand is smart as well, but her anger sometimes overwrites her thoughts and she might make stupid decisions that she would regret later. But neither of them would survive without the other to lead them.

Alastor on the other hand was alone in a dark room. His demonic Aura radiating off him as everything became dark. He felt his very soul feeling bitter. "A demon with a human soul... how pathetic." He chuckled to himself, as he took a deep breath in and out. He felt in the deepest part of his dead heart that he had to persuade (y/n), and keep her safe from Gideon and Seryla. "Their greed knows no bounds..." he muttered. He sent a telepathic message to (y/n) telling her. "Gideon and Seryla are coming for you. Be on your guard at all times.

(Y/n) heard this and she nodded. She then questioned Alastor in her head "Where are you?" All he did was send a saddened chuckle and replied with "You don't want to know..." Any other question she asked did not have any response. "Alastor, are you okay? You want to talk about it?" question like those seemed to channel through (Y/n)'s mind, but to no avail. She headed down the steps from her room to find Gideon cleaning up the place.

"Gideon, fancy seeing you here." She began. Gideon turned his eyes toward the stairs and quickly bowed. "I was just dusting up the place, nothing to see here madame." (Y/n) walked down the stairs and was face to face with the snake himself, asking "Why do you and Seryla hate Alastor so much? I want answers and I'm getting really impatient." Gideon paused, put down his duster, and cleared his throat. "We don't associate well with demons who like hurting people. I mean.. he did kill your father after all."

(Y/n) paused "Wait what... w-what did you say?" Gideon smirked "Alastor killed your father. Didn't you know? It was the main reason why he wasn't allowed back here. After your father died, he was sent back to Hell. I'm not sure who summoned him back to the face of the earth, and why he brought you back here. Mind telling me how you met him?" (Y/n) felt chills running down her spine after Gideon told her that Alastor killed her father instead of him hanging himself. Did Alastor force her father to hang himself after the incident? Possessing his body and making him die?

Her mind was broken even from the beginning so she couldn't put any of the known pieces together. She then nodded, agreeing to tell Gideon what she knows so far. "Well... when my father commanded you to chase me out of the house for my so called safety, I found someone on the streets who gave me a good amount of cash for me to continue in school. I bet you know this already, but it was the year that I finished my secondary classes, and was heading to the high school and college section. What I didn't know was how people are two faced, and people I called friends turned into enemies."

"Months passed and people found out about my situation. They began to bully me knowing that I have no parents left to love me, and I guess they found it fun to make me feel miserable. Long story short, a couple of boys wanted to sacrifice me to to devil himself, but ended up summoning Alastor. He didn't hurt me, and he seemed to care about my well being. But when I asked him how he knew where I lived, he never replied." Gideon shook his head replying "I bet he planned this all, to regain his lost power after being banished back to Hell after the unfortunate death of your father."

As she began to give in to the trust, she then recalled Alastor's words that she shouldn't trust them. But who should she trust? Alastor is making her believe him, yet she knew Gideon and Seryla since she was a new born. Alastor called them snakes, but she knew them since forever. They couldn't be planning on this masquerade disguise for years now... can they? "I believe Seryla gave you her dagger. You need to use it to avenge your father." Gideon suddenly reminded. (Y/n) stood up and ran back to her room, terrified and speechless.

"Alastor... Killed my father...? Did he posses him to kill my mother as well?" She asked herself. The darkness crept over her shoulder as she curled up into a ball and began to tear up. She just began to trust Alastor, but now, she's lost again, unsure who to follow and who to believe. Gideon and Seryla want Alastor to leave, but Alastor told her not to believe snakes. She feels so excluded in her confusing family history that she couldn't take it anymore. She got out her blade from her and caressed it in her skin. A insane smile crept up on her lips as her broken mind couldn't process the confusion.

"I need answers.." she laughed, tears falling from her eyes. She then positioned the blade towards her leg, and with full force, plunged the sharp metal object downward. Her eyes opened in shock when she realised...