Praying

I woke with the warmth of Cian's arms around me. I smiled before I even opened my eyes. What an incredible way to start the day!

I felt Cian begin to stir not long after I did, and his arms tightened around me lovingly. 

"Good morning" I said sweetly. He repeated his own greeting, his voice still heavy with sleep. I turned to face him and looked into his green eyes. They stared back at mine, a slight sadness once again overcoming his handsome features. I never knew what to make of this. I kept seeing the same look whenever he saw my face. It was always brief, and usually 

"What are you doing today" I asked while he played with a strand of my hair.

"I have a few things I need to get done with a treaty signing, then I have to train. I was thinking maybe you could go with Darya and tour the grounds a bit."

I nodded excitedly. I really wanted to get to know Darya more. Maybe somehow we could figure out why Declan was still asleep, and how to wake him up. Maybe if Cian and Magnus could just look past their differences for me we could have a normal life. 

A little voice in the back of my head was trying to convince me I was being selfish. I reasoned with myself that even though my actions had selfish reasons, more people than her benefited from Declan waking up. Darya could have her mate, and I could have both of mine. 

Cian and I both got ready and left our room together to find Darya. A fellow pack member told us she was in the library. 

"I can go on my own if you want to start work" I said, "I'm sure I can find someone to show me the way."

Cian hesitated but then nodded, "Thank you love. The sooner I get started the sooner I can get back to you" Cian waved over a pack member and politely asked him to show me to the library. The kind older woman smiled and accepted. Cian turned to me and kissed my cheeks sweetly before parting and walking toward his office. The woman introduced herself as Cecilia. We chatted as we walked more as we walked, but the library wasn't far. We parted ways with a wave and I went through the door.

Darya was sitting alone in a little window nook, reading a book. I couldn't see the title but it looked old and was thick. She looked up, hearing me enter and smiled at me. 

"Good morning, Luna" she said with a smirk, "What brings you here?"

"Cian had a lot of work to do today and I was wondering if you would show me around."

"Of course!" She hopped up. As she placed her book down, I noticed it was a book of magic healing. Immediately, I was drawn to it. 

"Woah! I've never seen one this old! Do you know when it was from?" 

"No idea. I just found it in the medicine section, collecting dust. It seems really old though, mostly illustrations, but the words are in English at least. I've been making my way through the whole section since I got here. Just in case..."

"I understand. I was actually a healer at my old pack, maybe we could research together sometime!"

Did I sound too eager?

"Well I'd definitely like the company" She said. "Anyway, where should we go first?"

Darya and I toured the grounds for a while. Stopping by the kitchen first for some breakfast. We made our way to the different amenities the pack house had to offer. A game room, offices, there was even an art and music room. I would definitely be making my way back there at some point. After we explored everything in the pack house, she led me outside and to the wooded area near the house.