Edmund Pevensie- Sword Fight

The sun was radiating down on to everyone, the first bit of heat and warmth from the sun in the early morning. This was shortly followed by an encounter with the future King's and Queen's of Narnia. It was a sign of good times ahead. 

The morning started with everyone going around their everyday work, I was helping around the camp, getting wood, sharpening weapons, and just trying to enjoy the new present that the camp had been granted with, the sun. But by lunch time, the sun was no longer the only present we had all been granted with. The Pevensie children entered our camp. I was sitting under a large oak tree, when my younger brother came trampling towards me. 

"Y/N! Y/N! Come quick, the Pevensie children are hear! Come quick their talking to Aslan!" He shouted at me. 

Within seconds I was sprinting towards the large crowd that had now gathered around the main entrance to camp. It was like it was staged, We were all lining up around the Pevensie children as they entered camp. Their eyes all glued to Aslan, probably wondering who the hell was crowding around them and why all of us were trying to make them feel so uncomfortable. But as the four of them walked towards Aslan a black mess of hair caught your eye, more than the rest of them. As he looked around his eyes locked on yours, sending a strange jolt through your system, a feeling you couldn't really describe. But as quickly as your eyes met they were pulled away again. His dark black hair, laying messily on his head. He looked like he didn't belong with his brother or sisters. 

After the Pevensie children had reached Aslan you were ordered to all carry on with your day like nothing had happened. Enjoying the new found sun like before.

-

About an hour after your encounter with the Pevensie children you started to walk over to your sword lesson. Getting their earlier than expected, you decided to start warming up.

You were good with a sword, in fact probably one of the best in your class. Not many people had learnt to fight but because your brother had died at the hands of the white witch and her army, you had insisted that one day you would fight for what he had fought for. 

You had warmed up and the lesson had started but it was soon interrupted by Aslan. 

'You will have the Pevensie children joining you today.' The instructor announced.As you started going through drills, all you could see through the corner of your eye was a mass of black hair, and every time you saw it, even if it was just for a split second you still felt that familiar pang. 

After about half an hour in, trying to ignore him, you were all told to get in to pairs, you stood with your friend awaiting further instruction, until the instructor had other plans. 

"Y/N go with Edmund. He will learn more with you than with his siblings." Great you thought. You gave a weak smile and muttered a small sorry to your friends, before you plodded over to the boy who caused an uneasy feeling in your stomach.  Edmund's face went a light shade of pink, when you said an awkward "You alright?" to him, not really knowing what to do with yourself as you stood next to him.  Although when you both turned to each other to start practicing, Peter decided to join in the conversation as well.

"Ed, you have to at least try!" However this was met with a death stare, from Edmund. 

"It's alright Edmund you will find something your better at." Susan chimed in.  Lucy gave Ed a sympathetic smile and then walked away, to sit in the shade.

The sound of metal on metal filled the air. Edmund lunged but you blocked it with the sword. A few more clashes and you landed another jab on him chest. He let out a defeated sigh. 

"You need to relax." You tell him "Your trying to do everything in one movement. It needs to be individual." Then within a few movement, his jabs soon became harder to block, becoming more challenging and he was actually making you sweat. While he progressively started to improve, you started to show him more moves, telling him more technical things, all helping him improve a lot within a matter of minutes. 

Clash!Clang!Sweep! You duck, he lunges. A swipe.Then a jab on your stomach. "There you go!" You encouraged him. He smirks. "You seem to be sweating a little." He remarks. A small glint in his eyes as he says so. 

"I'm pretty sure that it's just the heat." You say back, in a playful tone. 

You two carry on quickly, making you work harder than you would normally have liked a new-comer make you work.

"If anything, your not too bad for a girl." Edmund chimed, all with a sense of playfulness and confidence in his voice.  But with his ego rising, his guard dropped. 

"In all honesty,  you must be doing awfully considering your just about to get beaten by a girl, again." And with that you jabbed right under his neck. But you keep your sword their to let him see it, and also those around you. "What was that you were saying?" You asked with a smirk on your lips and a laugh in your tone. 

You let your sword fall to your side, letting him take in the situation. 

"I like this one!" Peter shouted to Edmund, smirking. Susan winked at Peter, both of them knowing what was happening, a lot longer before both Edmund and Y/N did.

------------

Please feel free to request an imagine, just message me!! Look at my page for other imagines and stories because I do a variety! 

Tell me how much you enjoyed it, show me if you want anymore by dropping in a vote! Thanks for reading!
- Georgie!! <3