Peter-'Oops Sorry I Tripped'- part 2

The evening you reached the South Kingdom everyone went straight to bed, too tired to stay up after the long walk it took to get there.
The next morning, you along with your family ventured down to the main hall to get breakfast. As you sat at the table all you could think about was, someone in this room had Peter's heart, while he had yours.
The day passed without anything really happening. You avoided the Pevensie children at all costs. You didn't want to know who Peter was going to the ball with, and the way to avoid the whole situation was to avoid the problem himself, Peter.
As the afternoon started to draw to an end, everyone started to get ready. You pulled out your dress from the large wooden wardrobe in your temporary wardrobe.

It was a royal blue dress, that had a large strip of white down the front and middle of the dress. The sleeves were long and floated with the rest of the dress, although it was plain and simple it still made you feel beautiful.
A quiet knock came from your door and you shouted for them to come in. And in came Lucy.
'Woah, you look like a Princess!' She exclaimed.
'Thank you! 'You said smiling at the amazement on the small girls face. 'Shall we go down?' You asked Lucy offering her your hand. She politely took it and followed you out of the room.
'Who are you going with tonight then?' Lucy asked.
'No one really. I'm just having a nice evening.' You replied back. 'Have you got anyone you're going with?' You ask winking at her.' Any young princes throwing themselves at you to get your attention?' You asked.
'Eww, no boys are disgusting!' Lucy giggled. 'I'd much rather stay with Mr Tumnus and the Beavers!' She replied.
The conversation carried on and finished just as you both started walking down the stairs to the party. Everyone was either stood around talking or dancing. You scanned the crowd to see who Peter was with. But he was stood there looking at you. You smiled back. Wondering why he wasn't with someone else.

Once you got to the bottom of the stairs Lucy tugged on your arm. 'Let's go and talk to Peter!' She exclaims. So, tried to object but she kept a tight grip on your hand and pulled you along. By the time you managed to let go of her grip, you were stood directly in front of the person you had been trying to avoid all day. Peter.

'You look...' Peter tried to say but he started blushing too much to finish his sentence.

'I'm hoping that was supposed to be a compliment?' You chuckled. Before you could carry on talking, music had started to play. That's when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You turned and were faced with a blond boy, who you had never seen before. 'Would you care to dance?' He asked. Bowing down and extending a hand politely asking for you to take it. 'Of course.' You said back not wanting to be rude and taking his hand. As you walked off you smiled back at Peter.

As you and this new boy started dancing, you struck up a conversation and found out he was from the South Kingdom. As the night carried on you carried on dancing and enjoying yourself with the boy, whose name you found out to be Thomas. You both laughed and danced.

As another song came to an end, Thomas offered to go and get both of you drinks. You followed him over to the drinks table. As you stood there talking you gave a quick glance around the room. Taking in all the dresses and the dancing. To your left you saw Mr Tumnus and Lucy dancing together, they were both laughing, and he kept picking her up and spinning her around in the air, which caused an even louder fit of giggles to come from the young girl. As your eyes carried on wandering around the room, they settled to a blond boy stood at the side of the room. Peter. You wondered why he wasn't dancing with someone else. So, you decided to go and talk to him.

'Excuse me for a second.' You politely said to Thomas, giving him a smile. You placed your drink on the table and walked over to Peter. 'Where is your mystery girl?' You asked. Peter's head whipping around to face you. 'She's dancing with someone else.' He explained. A sorry look in his eyes. 'How come you didn't ask her?' You asked. 'Because I didn't want to risk our friendship. But now she is dancing with someone else, and I'm stood here watching.' He looked at you, all you could do was smile because you knew exactly how he felt. 'Who is it?' You asked 'I'll go and get her for you? I'm sure she would love it if you asked her to dance.' You started to look around the room, looking for possible suspects. 'She's stood right in front of me.'

That's when your feet went cold. All you could do was stare at him. All along, it was you. The person who he wanted to ask to dance with, was you. At the realisation, you started to blush. 'Well come on then!' You said grabbing his hand.
At first, it was slightly awkward neither of you knew where to put your hands. Peter awkwardly placed them on your hips but lightly, making sure not to grab you too hard.
As you two carried on swaying to the music you both became more comfortable. He started to pull you in closer, and you started to lean towards him more.
You placed your head on his shoulder, closing your eyes. Not wanting it to end, both still swaying in time to the music.
'Is this what you wanted?' You asked.
'This is more than what I wanted.' Peter explained. You could hear his smile through his words.
Soon the night came to a close, and the ballroom started to empty out. Once the music finished, you felt a sigh come from Peter.
'I guess that's it then.' He said. 'We should do that more often.'
'Hold on a minute. You can't just leave me; I might get lost going to my room.' You say. Chuckling as Peter's checks go a light rosy shade. 'You're not very good at this!' You say laughing.
'Just give me a bit of slack I don't want to mess it up.' He replied, his hand rubbing the back of his neck, clearly nervous.
'My gosh Peter, I've never seen you so nervous.'
'I'll walk you back to your room.' He says taking your hand in his. Your fingers softly brushing his tender skin.
You both walked back in silence, not wanting the moment of dancing together to end.
As you approached your room, you slowed your pace.
'So, what does this mean for us then?' You ask.
'I'm not really sure.' But before you could reply his lips were softly placed on yours, his hand touching lightly the side of your face. You let out a breath and kissed him back. It was short and sweet. You started smiling and blushing.
'I'll see you tomorrow.' You said chuckling. Its event in your voice you were smiling.
'Yeah, save me a seat at breakfast.' Peter's quiet voice barely audible.
As you dropped his hand to let him leave, you felt the warmth leave you.
'Thank you.' You say to him, and you enter your room. Clearly over the moon with how the evening had gone. All you could think about was a perfect evening with a perfect man.

As Peter approached his room, a small, tired Lucy popped her head out of the door.
'I told you!' Is all she said before going back into her bedroom.

'Yes, yes you did.' Peter chuckled to himself.

---------- 

I'm really sorry with how long this took but I wasn't really feeling it so I just left it and didn't come back to it until now. And yeah it has been a while. But it is up so that's a good thing I guess...
Make sure you vote and comment and requests you have and thank you for reading...
Georgie <3