Mini Stories and One Shots: An Introduction of sorts

Sometimes Amy sits down at her computer and writes – for absolutely no reason at all. Well, apart from the fact that she loves writing. Wow; it’s weird writing about myself in the third person.

What I’m trying to get out here is:

In short, I’ve written some little one shots that I like enough to put on the Internet. Sorry, but I accept literally no constructive criticism on this. Now before you think I’m the biggest conceited bitch on planet Earth, hear me out.

I edit for purpose. These stories are just little things I’ve made up and written down. If there’s a comma in the wrong place or a colon where there should be a semi-colon, then I. Don’t. Care.  This is because I literally have nothing going for these – they are well-written (I hope!), but I’m not too fussed about my writing style and other things I’m learning about in sixth form. Because, and I repeat, I’m not going to continue these. They’re just little things I wrote in my spare time. I hope I’ve explained myself thoroughly. Now you won’t think I’m a total jack-ass.

Note for the teens who write Teen Fics: In every published Teen Fic, there is an air of maturity. That maturity is the writer, who can write very well-written stories, writing for purpose. And that purpose is for teenagers.  Meaning that if you read a published story written by an adult, and it sounds like it’s written by a teenage with good grammar and a good syntax, that writer has written for purpose. See that bolded word right there? Purpose means being able to tweak how you write to suit an audience. That works two ways. Teenagers on here that are trying to have a go at writing write with the basic intellect of modern day stories, which is totally fine! This is an amateur reading/writing site, after all. But if you want to even think about making a career out of writing, you must learn purpose. You may not need to be able to write for every genre, but you do need to be able to write for an age and write it... rightly.

So what I’m trying to say here is, learn the word purpose. And when you’ve learned the definition inside out, practiced and practiced and practiced (x100), you will be one step closer to achieving your dream of being a professional writer.

If you don’t give a crap and are just writing for fun, ignore everything I just said.

P.S. Some of the beginning stories in here are really badly written, and that's because I wrote them when I was a pretty arsey writer. So do not comment "This is shit" on the first story you click because when I first started these, I, and I repeat, 'was a pretty arsey writer'.