Riley Moore: A-Something-In-Training

Ten Things I probably should have done in Sao Paulo:

(A List by Riley Moore)

1)  Infiltrate the “classified” Black Site on the plane trip and not fall asleep.

2) Don’t follow the angry-looking man into the back street of Sao Paulo’s most dodgy city.

3) Do not, under any circumstances, trust the angry man’s son!

4) Or let him buy my breakfast...And Lunch...And dinner.

5) Give Logan the benefit of the doubt when he told me that a swarm of angry bad guys wanted me.

6) Never EVER dance with said bad guys – especially the higgy jiggy.

7) Act as if I’m a drunkard whilst I sneak into the enemy base.

8) Get arrested because I look fifteen and fifteen year olds aren’t allowed to drink.

9) Don’t tell the police force everything I know.

10) Don’t burn my toast (spy slang for being caught...Again)

The summer in Sao Paulo was especially hot. Being smack bang on the equator does that to a person. My dad had called me in again, something about needing a helping hand in the hack. Needless to say, I spent four grilling hours stuck on an airplane with a slightly broken engine – I would have fixed it myself, given the chance – and an airplane hostess that wouldn’t stop giving me the evil eye.

With my laptop perched on my lap, and me furiously clicking the keys like a spoilt-heiress-with-a-Jet would do, I didn’t mind her glaring. After all, my dad had hired the plane especially for my comfort.

I come from a family of thieves and con artists. My mom, Delaney, had conned many a person. Including my dad.

But that’s way too long a story, and I’d rather not relieve how I was brought in this world.

Ugh, this preface is taking too long to write. I’m going to put my laptop now. Dad’s calling.

“Hold on a sec, Dad,” I’m shouting, and I hear footsteps.

“Jet’s leaving in ten, Riley.”

God, that name. I hate it; my mom and dad both wanted a boy, but they got the next best thing, which was me. Yet they still called me Riley.

“I’m coming!” I yell, annoyed.

“Attitude,” my dad barks, making me roll my eyes.

Alright, I gotta go! I’ll post the first thing I should have done in Sao Paulo NEXT time.

“Riley!” my dad screams from the other room. “Move your butt now!”

“Hold your damn horses already!”

Oh look, I’m grounded. 

I have no idea why I wrote this.  *Stops fangirling over GG5*