Chapter Fourteen - Seeking Help

Benjamin' POV

My eyes slowly pry themselves open and I try to adjust to the shining sun that's streaming through the window. Rosalinda stirs in my arms and I look down at her. I could die right now knowing that I'm dying a happy man. Rosalinda looks so angelic as her eyes starts parting awake slowly.

"Morning, beautiful."

"Good morning." Her voice is laced with sleep. She looks around as if trying to figure out where she is.

"We fell asleep." I tell her. She nods in understanding and starts to move up, but I tighten my hold on her. "Just a few more minutes."

"I have to go home to get ready for work." She tells me. I begrudgingly let her loose and she stands up.

"Would you like some coffee before you leave?"

"Yes, please." She smiles at me.

We both head to the kitchen where I start the coffee machine while Rosalinda grabs two mugs form the cabinet. She fits in so perfectly in my kitchen. She fits so perfectly in my house.

The doorbell rings just as we take the first sip of our coffee. Rosalinda looks at me questioningly and asks me if I'm expecting anyone, but I assure her that I'm not.

"Stay here and drink your coffee, I'll check who it is." She nods.

Once I open the door, I'm surprised to see Cheryl standing there. A huge smile is on her face as if she's happy to see me. She jumps at me and wrap her arms around my neck in a hug.

"I miss you, baby." She tells me once she pulls back. She is no longer angry like she was yesterday. She walks inside the house and I follow her. I watch her as she places her bag on the sofa and takes a seat. "We need to talk." She informs me.

"Okay, so talk."

"Well, aren't you going to take a seat first?"

I sigh as I take a seat on the opposite sofa. "Make it quick. I have better things to do." I clasp my hands together and place my arms on my knees as I lean forward.

Just then Rosalinda appears from the kitchen, looking so scared as if she's done something wrong just by being here. She has done nothing wrong!

Cheryl notices that my eyes are trained on something behind her and turns around to see who I'm looking at.

"She's here?" Cheryl says outraged.

"Yes. Like I said, make it quick." I tell her nonchalantly.

"Why is she here?" She stands up and points at Rosalinda.

"I'm just going to leave." Rosalinda says quietly.

"You will do no such thing!" I tell her as I stand up. Rosalinda looks conflicted, but stays put nonetheless.

Rusty must have felt that I was angry because he came padding to the living room. He went over to Cheryl and started barking.

"Go away, you smelly thing!" She swats her hand his way.

"Don't call him that!" Rosalinda rushes to Rusty and crouches down before wrapping her arms around him.

I look at her and smile, but that smile instantly disappears once my gaze lands on Cheryl. "Just say what you came here to say, Cheryl."

"Fine. I'm pregnant. Congratulations. You're going to be a dad!" Not an ounce of enthusiasm is heard in her voice.

My gaze moves to Rosalinda who is looking down at the ground her eyes glassy then back to Cheryl who grabs her bag from the sofa and is about to walk out.