Chapter 9: Dinner Then Bed

This is just a preview/filler chapter. The next chapter will be MUCH longer and introduce a new character (not an OC just someone who you have seen before). Comment who you think this charater is and the person/ people with the correct answer before I post will get a follow and a shout out in the next chapter. They may also pose a request that will soon be featured within this book.

Harry is sitting in what is now his usual eating position after having given Lucius back his ring; feet pulled up to his chest with a glass of water tucked in between himself and his legs. Everyone else is in their seats around the table. All except Draco who ran back to his room claiming that he forgot something.

"I got it!" the excitable blonde come racing in shouting. The noise startles Harry enough that he drops his glass right onto the wood flooring.

"Sorry!" the small child exclaims when all eyes quickly dart to him. He doesn't realize that they're all looking for possible injuries, instead he takes their piercing gazes as anger towards him. "M'sorry!" To everyone's complete horror Harry crambles to the floor to pick up the broken peices.

"No it was my fault. I'll get it." Draco races over to the little black haired boy from where he froze intending to help.

Both children cry out, startled as Bellatrix and Severus are the first to recover scooping them up and moving away from the mess. With a wave of Severus's wand the glass is fixed and sent back to the kitchen to be cleaned and used later before he turns to lecture both boys.

"It is never, under any circumstances, alright to tounch broken glass. None of us want to see either of you hurt. If you accidently brake something you tell an adult and we'll take care of it."

"I'm sorry, Uncle Sev."
"Sorry."

"Neither of you will be punished this time but don't let it happen again," Lucius feels the need to interject when he catches Harry's fearful look. "Now what do you have their, Dragon?"

"Oh I almost forgot. I got Harry's bear. I thought it might make him feel better," Draco presents the toy to Harry who's instantly cuddles it close, still in Bella's hold.

"Come on, you still must eat." She sets him down but he just stares at his plate.

"M'not hungry. May I go to bed?"

"Thank you for the manners but no you may not. You have to eat something." Harry take one bite of everything on his plate before his stomach starts churning dangerously. Instead of looking towards Bellatrix, already knowing her answer, he gets up with his bear and walks around the table to Lucius's chair.

"Sleep now?"

"Not quite, little one," he hoists the much too light child into his lap while flashing the table a smug grin. Out of everyone there Harry chose to go to him, even over his favorite person, Bella who isn't glaring daggers at her brother-in-law. Absolutely not. Lucius manages to feed him 3 small bits of chicken before Harry desides he completely done with eating, shifting uncomfortably at his stuffed belly.

"S'eep p'ease? Pretty p'ease?" Harry lisps around his bear which he doesn't remember putting into his mouth. "I know I was bad but go to s'eep now."

"You were good today and you ate as much as you could, so yes Harry you can sleep right after your bottle."

"Hawwy no want--" his sentence is cut off by a loud yawn before he's moved into position to take his potions.

"You'll feel better in the morning, after you take your potions and get some rest. That's when we'll go over rules."

Little did the family know that morning would come a lot soon for their youngest than anyone would've guessed.

At Around 3 in the morning Harry wakes up falling head first out of bed screaming! Shill, high pitch noises of utter terror leave the child's mouth before he dissolves into frightened sobs. The Griffindor quickly stumps to the door on his hands and knees his nightmare still gripping to his mind fueling his actions.

"H-he's c-c-coming. Gotta go. Gotta get 'way." Opening the door Harry runs straight into a person who scoops him up.

"What's wrong sweetie?" a strangly feminine voice asks while trying to wrangle the squirming tot into a comfortable position.

"No! D-down! H-he's c-coming. Gotta g-go. Gotta g-go n-now!"

"Harry everything is fine. Calm down for me. Whose coming?"

"Cissa what's going on," a new voice interrupts the pair.

"I'm not sure, Luci. I heard Harry fall out of bed then screaming. Now he's trying to leave. Claiming someone is coming for him."

"HE's coming! He's mad! Let go! Let me go!"

"Harry--" the Malfoy matriarch sits down on the bed with her wiggling bundle, "--you're safe now. We won't let Dumbledore come for you. It was only a nightmare."

Lucius joins the two on the bed after gathering the beloved bear and placing it in Harry's hands before he starts running his fingers through the child's hair, hoping to aid in pacifying the boy. Soon enough Harry stops struggling against the comfort, his breathing evens out and before long he's back asleep in Narcissa's comforting embrace.

"Let's get back to bed, sweetheart."

"I can't leave him. You didn't see the look of absolute terror he had on his face when I came in. I can't leave him. Probably not ever."

"It is alright. I was just about to propose to extend the bed so that we all can be comfortable. I don't think I can be away from either of you. " With a flick of his wand the bed resizes to fit at least 4 adults comfortably.

"Goodnight, Luci. I love you."

"Goodnight, Cissa. I love you much more."