Chapter 11: New Arrival

More big brother Draco :)

After lunch, just as they had discussed, Harry and Draco headed up to the former's bedroom.

"I like being here," Harry confesses after a few minutes of setting up the Hogwarts set, as if its some kind of secrets that he's revealing. Draco beams at the smaller boy before pulling him into his arms and speaking.

"That's great Harry. We all love having you here despite our earlier feelings. You are now part of the family and we will all protect you from now on, especially Grandpa Tom."

"Grandpa?" the raven-haired boy questions.

"Yeah I guess, " the blonde shugs. "He's not my real grandfather but I still see him that way. Maybe you can call him that one day," Draco explains while slowly releasing Harry.

"Maybe," Harry and Draco go back to the figures. They're both in their own little worlds until Draco tunes into Harry's conversation once he sees that the smaller boy had set up the  potion classroom.

"Detention, Mr. Potter!" the child makes Snape exclaim at one of the students. "Because you're just like your father and he was stupid just like you are. I hate you both." To Draco's suprise the younger boy rears back the teacher and makes him smack the student.

"Uncle Sev will he ever hit you nor doesn't think that." Harry jumps having not paid much attention to what he was saying until the blonde chastises him. "At least not anymore he doesn't. He really likes you and I think you like him back." Harry blushes, knowing he's right.

"B-but he u-use to. He could again." Sudden tears spring to his eyes at the thought of the Potion Professor hating him like he did before.

Draco once again pulls the baby Griffin into his arms and rocks them slightly to get Harry to calm down some. "He'll never hate you like that again. He only didn't like you because he thought you were spoiled and just like your father." It's Draco's turn to blush at Harry's inquisitive look. "I overheard him and my dad talking one night. Here, I can prove to you that he won't hate you again." Without further explanation he pulls the both of them to their feet and starts heading to the door.

"W-w-wait! W-w-where go-ing, " Harry's stutter comes back with a vengeance due to his spiked anxiety.

"To prove that you're wanted here, " is the only answer he receives before they're out the door and walking down the hallway. Harry's hand securely, albeit a little tight, in Draco's as he leads the way.

The pair is just coming down the stairs when they hear the screams of another child coming from down the hall. Harry immediately grows frightened suddenly remembering that he is in the house of a known deatheater and the Dark Lord. Dragging his feet, he tries to slow down Draco who continues on towards the sounds.

"N-no! N-no! L-let go! Off!" Harry cries almost as loud as the mystery child, who sounds slightly familiar. This has to be it. This is when they're finally going to start his torture and all because he couldn't keep his mouth shut while playing. Draco either doesn't hear or chooses to ignore him before opening the door to reveal a struggling Neville Longbottom in Lucius's arms. The older man sitting to prevent him from falling and hurting himself further.

"Let go! Go back! Send me back! I'm sorry!"

"Neville!" Harry stops his own struggling in favor of running towards the older--by only a few minutes--boy and pulling him into a hug. "Thought I'd never see you again."

"Harry? I have to go back and tell Gran I'm sorry. She gave me away! I didn't mean to be naughty but Uncle was hurting her," he sobs into Harry's shoulder.

Harry turns hurt eyes to Lucius, who has never felt such guilt in his entire existence. "Why?"

"Neville's grandmother feels that it would be best if Neville stays with us for his own protection," Lucius answers before looking at Neville. "Augusta Longbottom cares deeply for you and she never wanted to see you hurt. Here, with us, we can protect you from Dumbledore and his men like we're protecting Harry. He likes it here, don't you Little One?" Harry shyly nods his head with a small blush brushing his cheeks.

"I-I get to eat everyday and t-they never get made w-when I stutter. And they got rid of all my hurts."

"When can I see gran?" Neville pleads not as neverous as before with Harry's confession.

"Not for a little while, but how about we send a letter when you get settled more?" the Slytherin rushes out when he sees Neville's face crumble.

"O-ok," he stutters out. "W-what happens now though?"

"Now we can all go play in my room," Draco butts in. "I'm sure father would want to set up Neville's room. We'll be in there until they call us for dinner." Neville looks shocked at Draco's words especially when the blonde doesn't put a fight when he finds out that he'll be staying with his family for an undetermined amount of time. He's even went so far as to invite him to play.

"T-thank you."

"My pleasure Neville," taking Harry's hand has become almost second nature now but Draco realises that the other Gryffindor might feel left out. Therefore, he grabs both of their hands and leads them up to his room.

"You can play with anything you want in here we just have to make sure to clean up afterwards," the blonde explains.

"Alright."
"Ok," both boys answer at the same time. Draco tries not to feel left out when they pick up a few action figures and start talking among themselves. That is until he hears what they're saying.

"Dumbledore hurt me again."

"I know I told Gran and she really listened this time."

"It has to be because of that tea you gave her. You saved her."

"But now I can't see her. I think I'd rather be hurt everyday by Uncle than be away from her." Neville whispers his confession. "Maybe I should just..."

"D-don't run away!" Harry exclaims quickly. "He'll hurt you more. Mr. Malfoy is really nice and even the professor doesn't sneer like in the classroom. P-please stay," Harry begs while tugging on one of his few true friend's arm

"I'll stay. Are you sure Professor Snape is okay with me being here?"

"Well not really..." he trails off only to snap back to attention when Draco speaks up.

"Uncle Severus definitely knows that you're here and he won't mind. He secretly likes children he just has to act mean in class so no one gets hurt."

"Ok. Can we get back to play--" he's cut off by a wide yawn, quickly followed by one of Harry's.

"Actually, I think it's time for a nap," Draco voices before guiding the two youngest to the bed and helping them undress to their underclothing.

"Why I gotta nap?" Harry whines even as he settles down in the comforter and snuggles into Neville.

"Because you've both have had a long and rough. Go to sleep now and then we can play when you wake up." He goes to move away from the bed but stops when Harry's hand reaches out and grabs him.

"Nap too?" Barely 10 minutes later 3 boys are all snuggled up and fast asleep.