Chapter 17: Together Again

Bellatrix refuses to place Harry down for a second once everyone is settled in the house. Once Sirius took off, the pup buried himself in her arms as the group disperses to go back to their work. This new development has changed everything. 

"Are you hungry, my dear," she asks the small pup. It seems Harry was either too comfortable in his animagus form or didn't know how to change back. Either way, Bella doesn't get a response just a soft nuzzle to her neck. "Let's get you a little something to put in that belly." Entering the dining room, Bella calls for a house-elf to bring the pair a small snack while settling herself into a chair. It occurs to Harry that she may place him on the floor and have him eat there like the animal his body portrays. In response, the minuscule canine whimpers and paws at his guardian's neck and shoulders.

"What's wrong? Does something hurt?" Bella tries to look him over but the child only whimpers more as he's forced out of his hiding place and looks worriedly at the floor. The last place he wants to be is at her feet begging for scraps. It reminds him too much of his relatives house. "Do you think I'm going to put you on the floor?" she questions at the same time a bowl of fresh-cut fruit and granola appear on the table along with a small dish of water. "You're not an animal. You may be a puppy now but you're still my Harry and you won't be eating at anyone's feet as long as I have a say in the matter," she gives a playful smirk, "and I always have a say."

Happy that she avoided that conflict, Bella gently settles Harry onto the table and pets him as he slowly licks at his fruit and water.

"We're -- I'm really glad that you're safe and back home," she corrects herself. "You're family now and with little Siri joining us we'll finally be complete." Harry is soon done with his meal and Bellatrix promptly brings him to Tom's office. If anyone knows how to get him to change back to the sweet little boy she loves to cuddle it's either Tom or Severus but a potion should be left as a last resort.

She politely knocks on the door and waits for Tom's voice to invite them inside. "Harry still hasn't changed back. Is there anything you can do to help him?"

"Let me see him," the man holds out his hands. They both wince when Harry whimpers but reluctantly crawls into his hands. "Harry do you know how you changed in the first place? How you were feeling?"

Slowly, almost hesitantly, Harry nods his head. He remembers the overwhelming sadness and desperation he felt. 

"I need you to just relax and focus on your human body, okay?" Tom calmly pets the soft fur of his young charge while slowly infusing some of his own magic. His plan is to coax his body into feeling safe, calm, and reassured hoping that he'll revert back to his human form with a little coaxing. 

Thankfully, all it takes is a few minutes of coddling before Harry is in his rightful human form.

Narcissa gives a sigh of relief before scooping the boy back into her arms. She had no doubt that Tom would be able to help Harry but it's still a relief to see the proof that she hadn't made a mistake in bringing him to her lord.

"Let's get you to Draco's room. I'm sure you all have a lot to discuss just like us adults." Harry tries to soak up the most comfort and warmth he can before having to face the other children. Neville might understand and sympathize, but Draco has been severely sheltered his entire life. Harry isn't sure how the older boy will react and he's not looking forward to finding out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry suspects that one of the adults had spoken to Draco and Neville just before his arrival. Both boys jump up when he enters but doesn't approach until Bellatrix sets him on his feet and exits the room with a reminder to play nicely.