gluttony

Angel opened her eyes to the bright sun streaming in through the window and she let out a soft groan realising she forgot to close the blinds before she fell asleep.

She rubbed her eyes and turned over to face away from the window in the hopes of falling back asleep again but after a few minutes of trying she seen it was no use.

She let out a sigh and picked up her phone from the bedside table scrolling through the notifications. She seen she had a text from Luna asking where she went to which she replied a mundane excuse of not feeling well. She noticed another text notification from an unknown number and the memory from last night came flooding back. She didn't respond because she didn't know what to say so she left it until this morning and she still didn't know what to reply.

She didn't even need to ask who it was because she knew it was Mitty from the club. She found it strange how he referred to himself as the 'devil' and it even intimidated her slightly, after all there had to be a reason for this label.

She decided to not reply, not wanting to invite any trouble into her life which she rather enjoyed being plain and safe.

It was a saturday and so she continued on with her usual weekend routine which included; showering, walking down to the beach and reading a book in her favourite coffee shop, she then came home and had a late lunch before binge watching films or shows until she ordered takeout for dinner.

Saturdays were here favourite because she had no commitments and she could be as lazy as she pleased in the best company she could think of; herself.

The weather was warm as usual and so she wore a simple white dress paired with her trusty converse that Luna constantly scolded her for wearing, claiming they were old and tatty and would deter men. Angel didn't care however because she loved them and they were the most comfortable things she owned.

"Usual?" The barista asked.

"Yes please" She smiled.

"Go on then, I'll bring it over" He laughed.

"Thanks Joe" She replied.

Angel had been coming to this coffee shop for so long that Joe, the manager, knew her order like the back of his hand and would grow concerned if she ever didn't turn up at her usual time.

Joe was an older man, nearing his 60's and Angel found comfort in him. He reminded her of her grandpa, who had passed many years ago. Joe would tell her stories of his grandkids and the things he used to get up to as a kid and she loved hearing them. These were of course on days where it was quiet enough for him to sit with her but looking round the shop, she noticed it was fairly busy and she would have to occupy herself with her book instead.

She sat at her usual table which was a small booth at the back next to a window that looked out onto the beach. It was bright and peaceful and the perfect place to come relax and escape.

"Here you go" Joe said placing down her order.

"Oh wait I didn't order this" She said pointing to the cake slice.

She was confused on why Joe was handing her this, he knew her order and it never changed. One earl grey tea and a lemon bar.

"Oh I know" He replied smiling coyly "But that gentleman over there told me to give it to you"

She looked over at where Joe was pointing and low and behold she seen none other than Mitty smirking at her leaning against the counter while casually perched on a stool.

Joe then swiftly walked away prompting Mitty to make his way over to her at the booth and she wanted the ground to swallow her up because she had no option but to converse with him when he came over. If she were to leave it would be both rude and embarrassing.