greed

It was a few days later and Angel had not stopped thinking about Mitty. She was surprised in how much she enjoyed his company at the wedding which she still couldn't believe they'd manage to crash. She didn't go to weddings generally let alone a strangers.

They had been texting here and there but nothing too much because she didn't want to invest too much time in someone who may decide they were bored of her by tomorrow. After all, she was used to that.

She had been with boys but none ever turned out well. Most never lasted longer than a few weeks because of her nature and refusal to give into temptation. Once they figured out she wouldn't be into anything sexual straight away, they normally broke it off and Angel would have to go to Luna to help her feel better. Luna loved it, though she would never admit it. She loved having someone depend on her because it made her feel important and it gave her a strange superiority complex which she craved after years of feeling put down by her parents.

Angel tried to distract herself with work which wasn't hard when she loved what she did. She was a writer and did articles and columns for various magazines and organisations. It worked out great for Angel because it meant anywhere could be her office. She could work at home; which was normally her choice, or she could go to the beach or the coffee shop. It payed pretty well, enough to the pay the bills and a little more.

She had been desperately trying to distract herself away from Mitty so much that she had completed all her assignments 3 days early and now her mind was more fixated on Mitty than ever and she contemplated texting him.

She mentally debated the idea but she didn't even know if he would be working, she didn't actually know what he did as a career. Before she was able to make a decision, it was made for her. Her phone lit up with a notification from Mitty.

Mitty
Are you bored Angel?

It scared her sometimes, how he could almost read her mind. Sometimes she even thought he might secretly be watching her observing everything she did but she quickly dismissed it as ridiculous.

To: Mitty
How did you know?

It didn't take long for a response to come through.

Mitty
I can always tell when a damsel is in distress

His response made her blush, he was so effortless in being smooth and she both loved and hated it because she wished she could be one of those girls like Luna who always knew what to say to have a boy wrapped around their finger.

To: Mitty
So what's the plan?

She already knew Mitty would have one on what to do today and she herself was terrible at thinking of things to do.

From: Mitty
Meet me in half an hour

He leaves directions for somewhere fairly close to her and so she promptly began to get ready. She didn't do much; she still neither knew much about him nor did she want to look too try hard.

She fixed her hair and made her way out to the busy area Mitty had arranged to meet her in. She watched as groups of girls would giggle as they walked past, presumably gossiping about something silly that Angel never cared for. Luna was always telling her of stories of people she either didn't know or care about and no matter how many times she told her stop, she never did.

"Someone looks grumpy"

She turned around to see Mitty standing before her with a smile on his face and a devilish tint in his eyes.