𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞༄

"Mother?" Runa called as she walked around the empty house

"Mother?" Runa called as she walked around the empty house. Not a single word was called to her in return. She sighed when she remembered her mother had told her that she was going to be gone for a couple of days, with Knute.
"Nevermind." She spoke despite no one was there.
That morning the blonde had finished all of her chores early and didn't feel like selling anything. She felt utterly lazy but didn't like it. She didn't want to go to the forest either.
With a huff, she turned to leave the home again making sure to slam the door shut completely. She began to walk towards Kattegat's Center with no rush as she had no weight to lug.
She hadn't been able to really walk around the place recently as she has been stuck selling the same product. The docks were the place she always wanted to visit the most so that she could smell the salt in the air.
she bummed a melody as she kicked the small pebbles on the road until she made it to the entrance of the busy village. Shouts of glee and frustration were blended together by the hint of children laughing. The hustle and bustle of citizens working together managed to bring a smile to her face.
She made her way through the produce area of the market scanning over the various sale items. She knew some of the faces and offered friendly smiles when they acknowledged her. The one stand that did catch her eye, however, was run by a small girl. She was around 10 or 11 and was arranging fish on the wood space. She remembered that when she was her age she too had to face the dangers of the market place. Runa Must have been watching her for a while when the girl noticed and smiled small.
Runa shook out of her daze and made her way towards the small stand.
"Hello miss." The young brunette girl smiled sweetly as she walked around and stood on a stool.
"Hello." Runa smiled in return then looked the selection, "Your family is a fishing family I gather."
The girl nodded still smiling. "My father and brother fish while my mother and I sell."
Runa decided she would buy from the small stand, some dinner.
"Ah I see," Runa replied picking up two medium sized fish up, "these two look good."
"My brother caught those!" She exclaimed.
Runa laughed at the young girl's excitement.
"It's a pleasure to purchase them then." The older blonde smiled and grabbed some of the currency from her pocket and placed it on the table.
"Is there like a bag of some sort I can put these in?"
The girl then reached below her grabbing a worn weaved pouch and handed it over. As Runa placed her fish in the bag a woman who was older than Runa walked up behind the small girl and attacked her with tickles.
"What did you sell there Thora?" The woman, her mother Runa assumed, spoke to the giggling girl.
"Halfdan's fish!" She spoke.
"Good Job dear." Her mother looked up at Runa.
"Thank you," she smiled, "have a good day."
With that Runa nodded and wished the mother-daughter duo a good day in return. Turning away she held the bag of fish and walked right back out the trading and selling area. The breeze intensified causing her to wrap her cloak around her body more.
The sky was clear but the sea breeze caught its way past the suns warmth. Boats rocked and creaked as she stepped foot on the wooden docks.
Her mind felt calm as she studied each boat she walked by. The designs that were heartfelt and beautifully carved into the body and the neck of the boats caused her to feel awe. As she moved from the large raiding boats she noticed a small boat that was bleached by the sun.
Her curiosity pushed her to go walk towards it. Because of its size, it was rocking faster than the   Sturdier ones. But as she got closer she noticed a figure was laying there staring at the sky and humming. The voice sounded like he was in pain or some sort of sorrow.
He groaned as he shifted making his hood fall off his head revealing his braided brown hair. It was the boy she met in the rain.
"Hvitserk?" She asked without thinking.
He flinched and say up and stared at her.
He was confused about why the girl he had met days ago made her way here.
"Runa." He Spoke as he studied her features. He still found her beauty even when she clearly looked like she worked a good days work.
"Why're you out in a small boat?" She quirked a brow. He sighed and offered a small smile then looked down thinking of what to say.
"I come here to think or get away from my annoying family." He raised his head again.
"Seems peaceful," she walked close tot he edge of the deck and sat down, "I just lay in a field, the breeze is calming on a good day."
He nodded while slightly chuckling.
"The feeling of the ocean rocking this boat is what I find peaceful personally."
She smiled at the boy as she sat with her legs over the edge of the dock. She played with her hands avoiding his gaze.
"I've always wanted to travel..." she looked from her hands to him, "Have you travelled?"
"I few times yes," he answered certainly, "I would love to go again if I had the chance."
"Is being on a boat for days tiring— I feel like it's squished."
"Sometimes it Is but if you like your mates then you're fine." He shrugged.
"I feel like I'd be seasick, I've never been on a boat."
"Then come on board." He gestured beside him, "We can row around a bit."
"Right now?" She asked raising her eyebrows.
"No tomorrow," he laughed moving over, "Yes right now!"
She grinned and lowered herself onto the boat.
"This boat seems a little aged," She spoke as she noticed the wood beginning to chip, "when has it last been used?"
He hummed for a second as he grabbed paddles.
"Last spring," he tilted his head, "But don't worry a man—Floki, keeps good care of this vessel."
Hvitserk pushes away from the dock and started rowing down the water. The boat slightly rocking beneath them.
"Are you good? Not sick?" He asked after a few bumpy waves swam under them.
"No, I'm fine." She assured as she watched the village slowly become smaller.
"Good."

After rowing for a while Hvitserk has stopped paddling and pulled them into the boat. The sun was almost ready to start fleeing away. Kattegat was far out from where they sat in the middle of the water. Clouds began to roll in into the crystal clear sky.
"Beautiful isn't it?" He spoke up as he moved closer to the girl and sat cross-legged.
She nodded as her eyes were trying to gather as much of the beauty as she could.
"Yes," she paused, "it is."
Hvitserk just sat still watching the girl in front of him. How she studied every detail of her surroundings. He noticed how the slight breeze blew her loose strands of hair around her face and how it drew him back to her bright blue eyes. At this moment he was fighting every urged he had in his body to lean and kiss her.
"Want to know the best way to enjoy sitting out here?" He spoke up after he snapped out of his gaze.
"What is the best way to enjoy sitting here?" She matches his tone leaning closer to him.
"Just lay Down and close your eyes," He then moved to the side and stretched his body out accordingly followed by a sigh, "most relaxing thing in the world."
She followed his actions and looked up at the clouds then slowly closed her eyelids. Comfortable silence lowered over them. Hvitserk truly felt happier than he did the morning he came out to docks.
His mother being the tyrant she was about his life, was trying to set him up with a girl from villages away to install peace between the two. He disagreed causing another argument and as dual stormed out. He knew if Ubbe could he would have said something but he couldn't as he had to stay aside to avoid any further war at home. The constant verbal abuse Hvitserk faced in his own home was enough to make the years formed a cold heartbreak.
But he wasn't going to feel that now, he was with someone who was the nicest person despite the fact that he knew her only for a few days. In fact, he didn't have to fact the smile he wore.
he turned his head over to the blonde girl and noticed she was looking at him first. Her face lit brightly with red. Like the night that he stayed overnight.
"what?" Hvitserk spoke softly.
"Nothing.." she said softly, still looking at him. He let small grin draw itself over his face.
And without warning or any preparation on his part, the girl inched closer to his face and kissed him.
He was stunned at first which she noticed about to pull back. Before she could do that he places a hand on her face and kissed her back.