𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧༄

"So your Mother is a hag?" Hvitserk chuckled slightly shaking his head to himself

Hvitserk chuckled slightly shaking his head to himself. He had explained the previous events to the girl he was so fond of. Runa was all ears as she truly didn't want Hvitserk to bottle up his feelings. She disliked when people did that as it never ended up well.
"I suppose so Ru." Hvitserk turned his head to face the girl. The pair had been laying on her bed talking since the sun rose. The previous night the man was so exhausted mentally that he immediately fell asleep after wrapping his arms around the small girl.
Runa wore a small smile at the new nickname. She hadn't ever had a nickname as her name was already short, she found it refreshing.
"So what are you going to do?" She asked softly meeting his eyes.
He hummed slightly in response. He didn't know what to do but what he did know is that he wanted to stay with her as his world felt frozen with her around. He didn't have to worry about his putrid mother breathing down his neck, his younger brother clawing at him mentally, or dealing with Ubbe and his do-good ways.
"I'm not sure." He finally spoke surely.
She sighed and moved closer, if she could even manage to, to him.
Runa knew she was falling hard for the man and his charm. She would usually be scared at the speed she was falling but it just felt so right. She wanted to help him with his troubles but was clueless as to what she could do. However, she knew that she would always be there for him.
He wrapped his arms around her once again in a protective manner. Runa absentmindedly thought of the irony of the situation. She wanted to protect him and yet here he was feeling as if he was protecting her. She stretched her arms around him as the side of her face was pressed against his chest.
"I wish I could stay here forever." He whispered.
"It feels right." She replied. His heartbeat quickened.

The sun was starting to set now as the walls of the small home changed colors. The pair had gotten out of bed reluctantly a couple of hours beforehand and helped out with the farm work. Hvitserk tried to find things to do to avoid having to leave and return back to his family. Her mother had told him he could stay as long as he'd like but he felt bad if he didn't help with anything at all.
"Hvitserk it's fine. the horses are fine!" Runa laughed as she watched the man scrambling to find a new responsibility.
He sighed, slightly contently, and turned back towards the girl.
"I know I just, I don't know I feel like I'm going to be a burden here." He spoke as she made her way towards him. His silhouette grew as the golden light began to shine through the small shelter.
Runa noted the glow on his face noticing how he looked dashing at this very moment. He was leaning against the post with a small grin upon his face as his left hand held his head up.
Hvitserk was aware of how he was looking at her, maybe she didn't notice it, with compelled adoration.
"You're Not Even close to being a bother, dear." She replied.
"And besides, my mother loves you."
He chuckled, "or she's in love herself."
She nodded slightly.

Seconds passed by slowly yet the sun had finally set. The two hand in hand, walking back to the humble home.
"Don't you need a change of clothes?" She asked softly not trying to remind him of his troubles. The woman would feel terrible if she upset him.
"I suppose I do but I'm fine for now," he opened the door for her, "on a completely unrelated note..."
He trailed off as they walked into the now candlelit home.
"Mhmm." She hummed in response, she knew where he was going with his thoughts.
"Your Mother is out for the night... and we're here...." he smirked slightly towards her.
Playfully rolling her eyes she smiled small, "after we eat dear."

After the quick meal, the two were very intimate. Runa herself, never having experience beforehand enjoyed herself in spite of the nerves that tingled within her prior. Afterward, the pair had laid under the covers in the same position they had spent the previous night in.
Comfortable silence filled the air of Runa's small quarters. Hvitserk traced his fingers up and down her shoulder sending chills down her spine, causing her to get closer to him. He chuckled slightly and she smiled against his chest.
The man knew that this was the quickest he's gotten to know anyone this well and it made him ponder the rest of his life. He wasn't trying to be very hasty with his thoughts but he just felt so undeniably happy when he saw this woman. He could forget all his woes after looking into her lake blue eyes. He knew he was in deep and quite frankly didn't even mind that he probably wouldn't be able to save himself. For that he knew that he didn't need to be saved from this woman, she was saving him.