𝐬𝐢𝐱༄

"Hvitserk I can't have you fooling around with a whore!" The voice of a stern mother echoed throughout the wooden home

"Lovely to see you too mother." The son rolled his eyes as he walked towards the table to eat. The woman clenched her jaw as she watched her son pick at the plate. Her eyes squinting, her blood filled with anger and alcohol.
" I don't see the problem mother," Ubbe gently spoke up," you did say you want us married soon... perhaps Hvitserk here is just ahead of us."
The oldest looked at the troubled boy, only receiving a small barely noticeable smile.
"That is not the point ubbe!" She slammed her glass down on the table.
The rest of the sons halted their previous actions at the sudden noise. Ivar, the most fearless, even shifted uncomfortably. Heavy silence weighed them down. Eyes shifting between the four of them.
"I-we have a reputation," The vain lady continued," With your father gone you all need to have ties with other communities- other nations."
She took her fork and aggressively took a bite out of the fish. Followed by a jab in the air towards Hvitserk,
"I can not afford for my sons to be messing around with a girl who-
"SHE ISNT A SLAVE!" Hvitserk barked without looking at his mother's eyes.
"She's still one of these girls who-
"SHE IS NOT!" This Time Hvitserk looked his mother. His adrenaline flooded his body, frustration fueled a good portion of it. The same argument kept ensuing causing Hvitserk to mentally roll his eyes.
"You can leave."
He furrowed his brows at his mother response, why the tone change?
"Excuse me?" He replied befuddled.
His mother took a sip of her ale and promptly sat it down on the table. Clasping her hand together in a swift and airliner manner, she sighed.
"If you are not going to comply with what this family does, you are not part of this family."
With that all eyes were on Hvitserk. Sigurd raised a brow at his brother thoughtfully. The boy in trouble sat there shocked.
"Why are you sitting here?" She asked finally, "Get out."
Hvitserk felt his legs turn to stone, his heart heavily weighing his whole body down. Hesitantly, he placed his food down and slowly pushed himself from the chair. As he made his way out the exit he spoke, not looking back.
"Father wouldn't want this."

     Runa was sitting on the wooden porch next to her mother. The two had ate a while ago when the sun was starting to set. Runa had not told her mother about the previous events with the Ragnarsson.  She didn't feel like being teased, even if it was harmless, she just wanted to have a memory that one he and her shared.

The sky was starting to illuminate with bright green and blue colours which her mother was in awe of. She had told Runa many times that the aurora reminded her of the numerous special nights she had shared with the people she loved. Majority had been spent with her late husband however she wouldn't let this upset her. He wouldn't want to see the two women of his life shedding their tears over him.
"So how's that boy?" Her mother looked up from her bowl of stew.
Runa let a small sigh as she smiled to herself, "Hvitserk is great."
Her mother smiled and looked at her daughter. She was glad that her daughter had found someone.
"But mother it hasn't even been a moon yet? I don't want to get attached to quickly he is an important figure here." Runa gazed up from her bowl and absentmindedly stirred it.
"Well dear, im sure it will be what it will be with time, just follow your heart."
The two drifted into silence. Looking at the sky once again. The breeze blew quietly tossing a few strands of the young woman's hair in her face.
"Runa?" Her mom questioned uneasily.
"What is it?" Runa voiced her concern.
Her mother's hand pointed in the direction where their lanterns stoped light the path. A dark figure was walking their way.
"Should we go inside?"
Her mother kept watching the man without answering her daughter. The man drew nearer to the lanterns.
"Mother it's Hvitserk?" She said more like a question. The girl found herself on her feet and walking towards the man.

Hvitserk, still uneasy with his family's behaviour, was on the tipsy side of things. He had drank a bit too much ale on his walk over to the girl's home. He noticed the two were sitting outside, lit by the fire, looking at the skies above them all. When Runa got up and started walking over to him he couldn't help himself from smiling.
He kept walking until the girl was in front of him. The lanterns barely illuminated her face but her eyes practically didn't need the light.
"Hvitserk?" She wore a small smile while tilting her head, "what are you doing here?"
He didn't know how to explain everything so instead he let his body have a mind of its own. He stepped closer and engulfed the smaller girl in a hug. She giggled at his response to her question, but she knew he had something on his mind.
"Can I talk to you about it in the morning?" His voice barely audible. She nodded, still in the arms of his.
The young man barely knew this girl for a moon and yet he felt like she held the piece that he had felt was missing.

A/n
Hey I know I've been mia lately and I apologize but I am looking to update more this summer. Thanks for the support it means a lot!!