𝐭𝐞𝐧༄

The winds picked up speed waking the sleeping pair

The winds picked up speed waking the sleeping pair. Hvitserk sat up slightly rubbing his eyes.
"I suppose it's too dangerous to light a candle."
As if on cue Thor stuck his hammer down lighting up the whole room.
"Yea," Runa sighed, "I agree."
She sat up along with him. The sound of rain starting to hit the roof above them rang in their ears.
"I don't really feel tired anymore..." Hvitserk yawned.
"Are you sure?" She teased causing him to shush her. She playfully hit him in the chest causing him to laugh again. Something about this night made Runa realize what parts of the man she came to adore. She felt pathetic thinking about such thoughts that have been thought millions of times beforehand. But as Hvitserk had mentioned earlier, she knew what they were talking about. His laugh made her feel so whole knowing she caused a man who had a slightly troubled life to see at least just a bit of light.
"Hvitserk," she started with no real reason to talk.
"Hmm?" He looked down at her, a flash of lightning lit the room for a split second.
"I... I don't know I just like saying your name."
He smiled slightly, resting an arm around her shoulders.  Moments passed by until Hvitserk spoke.
"You know what?"
"What?"
He paused for a second, and cleared his throat, "something about this moment makes me feel like I could say anything right now."
She laughed at his sudden spark of slight spontaneity.
"I mean you really could say anything right now, no one is awake but you, me and mighty Thor out in my farm field," she replied with a smile finding it's way to her face, "but me too, I feel the same way."
"Well, I want to do something that's kinda crazy."
She quirked a brow at his statement.
"That is if you're willing to my dear Runa."
She giggled and sat up straighter trying to look him in the eyes through the darkness and the strobe outside.
"Perhaps Hvitserk."
He took his hands from the covers and found tunas at her sides. He didn't lace their fingers completely but nonetheless, this sent the flurry of butterflies to dance in both of their stomachs.
"Okay I know we only met not even a moon ago, but.."
She tilted her head.
"I think we should get married." He seemed to have rushed the last sentence out. His face felt incredibly heated as he soon felt his moment of invincibility was fading.
"Hvitserk I-
He shook his head, "I know it's fast and I just don't want to lose you soon because this," he gestured between the two with one of the clasped hands, "is too good to be true."
She smiled widely and furrowed her eyebrows, she shook her head slightly at the man's rambling. She leaned in quickly and crashed her lips into his. He smiled into the kiss and deepened it. They broke apart a couple of seconds after to take a breath. Their foreheads still together it was Runa's turn to speak
. "lose me? I don't even leave Kattegat if anyone should feel like they could lose anyone it would be me to you."
She then began to heat up, causing Hvitserk to smile.
"What I'm trying to say Hvitserk is that I'm yours for however long you'll want me."

-

Later when the skies calmed and the sun rose the two newly engaged couple woke up in each other's arms. Even though they would normally wake up together, this morning felt so special.
"Ah, good morning love birds." Her mother greeted as the two turned the corner to the kitchen.
"Morning Mother." Runa rubbed her eyes as they made their way to the small table. The smell of breakfast lingered in the air as the older woman passed each of them a plate.
"It smells so good, Ingrid." The man spoke.
"Thank you, dear," she took the platter and gently placed it down on weathered wood top, "I felt like spicing it up a little."
The three devoured the meal in a matter of minutes. Ingrid could notice that something was off, not a bad 'off' but surely something was different.
"You kids alright?" She pondered.
Their faces turned a slight shade of pink Ingrid noted, her suspicions were correct so far.
"Never better." Hvitserk smiled small.
The woman smirked and looked at her daughter expecting an answer. Runa, under the pressure, blushed harder under her mother's stare.
"Well..." she adjusted herself slightly and peered towards Hvitserk then back her mother, "in the heat of the moment last night we decided we would like to get married."
Her mother's eyes widened, with shock, then softened when she noticed her daughter's worried face.
"That's pretty spontaneous you two," she remarked amused, "but I completely support your decision."
"We don't have have to marry right this minute, we talked about waiting for a few moons or so in case Hvitserk has a dire need to go back to what sounds like a hellscape of a family," Runa explained as Hvirserk nodded.
"Yes, and we don't particularly want to have a huge wedding, knowing my family something is going to ruin something." He added.
Her mother nodded, "well I'm happy for you both, now," she stood up grabbing the plates, "I have a bit of news myself this morning."
"Oh?" Runa sounded curious.
"Well for the next few days  I will be heading out to sea with Knute. He wants to show me something," her tone slightly giddy, "I'm excited."
Runa smiled honestly. She awed that her mother was finding love again. She hadn't seen her look that way since her father was still walking. The thought made her runs move closer to hvitserk as she wrapped her arm around his. Hvitserk smiled slightly as he peered down at her.
It was perfect.

Life isn't perfect. The morning Runa's mother head out to sea was the same morning hvitserk was summoned to the great hall. The thought of something happening to her while he was absent was present in his mind. It was so present that even the merest movement around him was enough to trigger his defensive actions.
"Hvitserk," his mother spoke in mock excitement, "I see you have come back to your home."
He pulled out a chair while refusing to face the woman who spoke with bittersweet venom.
"Sure." He shrugged.
The other siblings had yet to arrive however he knew that this was probably some sort of set up.
"What is it that you need me for." He spoke sternly.
Asluag gasped in fake hurt, "can't a mother have a nice evening with her son?"
He gave a deadpanned expression towards the lady. He was not taking any more of her shit.
"Mother. This is childish. If you're still fed up with the girl that I love-
"Hvitserk I do not care about your 'love' for this girl. I called you down here to tell you that you will soon be heading overseas."
Hvitserk softened his expression, "did he.."
She merely nodded.
"Björn will be in contact with you about what's happening. Don't let your father down."