Chapter 3|Goddess?

( Seraphina's p.o.v.)
After the crazy vacation, I left and went home, with the book I found in the attic. When we got home, I went to my room and put the book in my closet. Zalgo left soon after we came back from the park Saturday. I walked down the stairs and sighed, sitting on the couch, watching TV. I was quiet, thinking of Zalgo.

I actually miss him.

My mom walked over to me.
" What's wrong, honey?"
" Nothing."
She gave me a smile.
" Miss that boyfriend of yours?"
I stayed quiet, then she got up and left, laughing to herself. I got up and went upstairs. I saw Zalgo, sitting there, smiling at me.
" Miss me, beautiful?"
He grabbed me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed and quickly pushed him away.
" What are you doing?"
He chuckled,sitting down on the bed with me.
" Zalgo?!"
The blood rushed to my face, and my cheeks started to glow.
" Aww, is my girl embarrassed?"
I shook my head.
" No."
" Really? Cause you're lighting up like a firefly."
I glared at him
" Shut up."
I pushed him off and sat up.
" Umm, Firefly?"
I turned to him.
" What?"
" The tip of your hair is on fire."
I looked down at my hair and saw the tip of my hair turning into fire. I quickly put it out and sighed.
" Oh my God, I need to find a way to control this."
Zalgo gave me a smile.
" Well, you need to learn what the fire part of you actually is, so you can control it."
I shrugged.
" Zalgo, I don't even know what I am."
He got up and went to my closet. He got the book I took from my grandmother's house.
" Well, there are a few creatures that are fire elementals."
I sat with him on the bed and listened to what he was saying.
" There are common fire demon, but they are like savages and hate humans, so you being the daughter of one of those, is very unlike."
He flipped through the pages and then stopped. He read the next creature out loud.
" The goddess of Fire."
I turned to him.
" What?"
" The Goddess of Fire. She went missing years ago and no one knows why. She was a powerful being of the underworld, ruled over all the fire lands."
I looked at the book.
" When did she go missing?"
" About 16 to 17 years ago."
We turned to each other.
" There is a way that we can find out of your her daughter, but it would have to be when your mad enough, or embarrased enough."
I glared at him.
" Don't you even think about."
He chuckled, closing the book.
" So mean."
I rolled my eyes.
" Whatever. So, what would happen if I was mad enough?"
" Well, a type of tattoos or, let's say, fire symbols would cover your body and it would cause the flames in you to go crazy."
I laid his head on his shoulder.
" What the heck am I?"
He smiled.
" Well, for now, you're my firefly."
I looked up at him and smiled.
" You're a bad flirt."
He shrugged.
" You're still here, and you haven't kicked me out."
" oh, hush."
I turned to him.
" Did you know her, the goddess of fire?"
He nodded, laying back on my bed.
" Sure did. She was very stubborn with a bad attitude, but she could be kind and nice t ok other. Me and her split the underworld. One half was hers the other mine. I got the shadows, she got the flames. We had a few meetings, but we had an argument about something stupid right before she vanished, and she left upset with me."
I laid down with him.
" Huh. She sounds like a real piece of work."
He let out a laugh.
" Yeah, you could say that, sweetheart."
He sat up.
" Oh, that's reminds me."
He turned to me.
" Close your eyes."
I closed my eyes, then heard a click sound from around my neck.
" Alright, open them up."
I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful key necklace.

" Zalgo, what's this for?"He gave me a kiss on the forehead

He gave me a kiss on the forehead.
" A little gift from me to you, firefly."
I smiled and gave him a hug.
" You know I'm not going to take this off right."
He chuckled.
" I expected nothing less."
I let him go and he smiled.
" See you later."
With that, he was gone in smoke. Night came and I didn't sleep easy that night, I didn't have a nightmare but I just couldn't sleep. The next day, I got ready for school. I changed into a cute outfit and kept my necklace from Zalgo on.

 I changed into a cute outfit and kept my necklace from Zalgo on

I got my backpack and left after eating a quick breakfast. When I got to school, Ashlyn and her goons turned to me. They were laughing and pointing but I didn't care anymore. I then heard a voice, a familiar voice, call out to me. I turned around and there stood David Jones. He smiled and waved to me.
" Hey, Seraphina. You look nice today."
" Oh, thanks?"
" Mind if I walk you in?"
I shrugged.
" Do what you want."
We walked in and went to our class. I took my seat and David sat in the seat in front of me. I wasn't really paying any attention to him. He pointed to my necklace.
" That's a pretty necklace." He said, as the group of bullies of mine walked in.
" Thanks. My....boyfriend got it for me."
I smiled, holding onto the necklace. I still wasn't used to the word, 'boyfriend', but I couldn't deny that zalgo was indeed special to me. The school day went by and the day went on. At the end of the day, I was leaving school when I heard the annoying voices of my bullies behind me.
" Hey, bloody locks, who's this boyfriend of yours."
I ignored her and kept walking.
" What's the matter, freak."
I snapped and quickly turned around.
" You listen to me you little tramp, I'm not in the mood to hear your annoying voices. So leave me alone!"
I threw a punch at Ashlyn, and when she hit the ground, steam came from her cheek. I looked at my hand and saw that it was steaming, I looked at Ashlyn and saw that her cheek was a little burned. I took off running to my house and when I got there, I ran inside and went to my room. I looked down at my hand to see that my hand was normal.
" Z-Zalgo!"
A sudden gust of wind came through the room.
" Yes, firefly?"
I looked up and saw the red and black demon. I ran to him and hugged him. Crying, I held onto him. I let him go and quickly told him what had happened. He sighed and sat on the bed.
" Well, this could be a problem."
I sighed, whipping away the tears.
" Don't worry, I'm here."