Chapter II

Cadence's POV

Mm.... how long have I been sleeping...?

My eyes fluttered open delicately.

I was surrounded by tall white walls which enclosed me and above me was a white and pink mobile slowly spinning.

I looked at my milky white hands that seemed to be incredibly tiny, smaller than a tennis ball maybe.

Could it be... that I have reincarnated..?

When I was stuck in the hospital I often read books to pass the time.

In many of the shoujo-romance books, I read the protagonist would often wake up to find themselves in this exact same situation.

Some would die from getting hit by the infamous truck and others would be top elite assassins that somehow die in an accident or evil scheme.

I never thought that I would also end up reincarnating like them.

I hear the door creak open and footsteps approaching me.

A young girl in a maid uniform looking to be around sixteen looks down on me from above.

Her honey-brown hair is tied up into a bun and her cheeks are a natural rosy colour making her look very lovable and weak.

She smiles at me gently but brightly when she notices that I am awake.

[ "Little princess you are finally awake" ]

She picks me up from the crib and holds me to her chest carefully.

Her eyes are beaming as she looks at me which I can't help but lightly smile at.

She notices my smile and instantly brightens up even more so than before.

[ "Your father, the emperor has yet to name you but do not worry little princess he should visit soon" ]

Just on cue, a tall broad man with straight white hair and seductive blood-red eyes enters the room.

His skin was smooth and clear, to the point that even females would be jealous.

He dressed fully in matte black clothing which somehow seemed to add onto his charm.

He looks to be only in his early 20s and excluded an unbelievable amount of sex appeal.

In other words, he was ridiculously handsome but also gave off a mysterious and cold vibe.

The girl who was holding me panicked when she saw him suddenly enter.

She first tried to curtsy at him but after remembering that I was still in her embrace she lightly bowed instead.

[ "Y-your majesty, this lowly servant pays her respects to the emperor" ]

I could feel that she was very tense and nervous in his presence.

Earlier she mentioned my father, the emperor would come to visit me and judging by her reaction this must be him.

Hah to think I was reincarnated as an emperors daughter, it seems that I really am like the protagonists in those stories.

[ "Rise" ]

His voice was cold and emotionless but extremely alluring and enchanting.

He stared at me with a bit of a weird expression as if he was in pain but quickly recovered back to his Buddha expression.

[ "Cadence. Cadence Lynn De Blanche Romania. That shall be her name." ]

[ "Y-yes, your highness" ]

He glanced at me one more time before leaving the room without any other word being said.

It seems that my father is very cold and unloving to me.

He didn't even bother to carry or hold me.

Perhaps I am a bastard child or maybe I have been born very ugly or disfigured.

But I had thought that beautiful blonde women from previously were the one who gave birth to me.

If so then I shouldn't be ugly after all my mother in so unbelievably gorgeous that she is comparable to a goddess.

And my father is also an extremely handsome emperor so I'm sure that I also must be quite good looking.

So I wonder why was he so cold and distant towards me, is it just his personality perhaps?

Well, it doesn't matter to me as long as I can live a peaceful and carefree life I am content.

However, I wonder what that pained expression meant.

It only lasted for a split second but it's been burned into my memory.

It seems that my father is quite an interesting man.

Chapter II End