Chapter 2

Flashback

Kenzie's POV

Its been awhile since I met Jess and things were okay I guess. Mom is still upset with me for leaving the other night. She wasnt mad until Jess gave her sass. Though now Rory has come home and is coming out into society.

"Grandma wants you to join me in the coming out thing." Rory says.

"No thanks. I dont even really want to go." I say.

"Wait you dont want to go? Its gonna be funny." Mom says.

"Its not really my scene. Besides I kinda asked Luke if I could work at the diner." I say.

"Your working at Luke's now?" Rory asks.

"Yeah. Money is money. Plus its some place I know well." I say.

I left and went to the diner where Luke seemed to be annoyed.

"Coffee Luke. I asked like five times." Kirk says.

"Shut up Kirk." Luke says.

"I'll do it... Hey Luke you okay?" I ask.

"Im fine." He says.

I started working and spent more time waiting with people who annoyed Luke. After awhile it was time for me to go, but I decided to stay.

"Hey." Jess says.

"What are you wearing?" I ask.

"The uniform." He says.

"Luke isnt gonna be to happy." I say.

"So..." He says and smiles at me.

Present Day

Mom and Rory were packing like crazy and I just sat on the couch and watched TV.

"Are you sure you dont want come?" Mom asks.

"Im sure. Have fun with Dean, but not to much fun Rory." I say.

"Funny. Last chance to change your mind." Rory says.

"Im good. I mean 2 months by myself I'll be okay." I say.

Mom and Rory looked at each other and shrugged. They are most likely guessing this is about Jess again. Well it is... Well considering Im with child and not ready to share yet.

Two Months Later

Luke was out of town for awhile, I helped Sookie with things considering she is pregnant, I hung out with Lane and her band. Though no one knew the truth yet and I was slowly starting to show. Though since Im 18 and Luke give insurance to his staff. I can go to the doctor without anyone knowing the truth. I stared in the Mirror looking at my small bump when I heard my mom and sister talking with Babette. I place a big coat on and it wad like the bump was gone. I then headed downstairs to my mother and sister.

"Hey." Rory says.

"Hey." I say.

"You look different." Mom says.

"No I dont." I say nervously.

"Its summer and its warm in here. Why are you wearing that coat?" She asks.

"No reason. So how was the trip?" I ask.

"Dean and I broke up and he left. I thought he would of told you." Rory says.

"He did. I kinda meant after that." I say.

Rory told me all about their trip and our mom just kept quiet and that was very uncommon. It started to get alittle to warm in the house and I took off the coat yet wearing a huge shirt. Thats when our mom's eyes lit up.

"Your pregnant!" Mom says.

"I.. Im... No!" I lie.

"Dont lie to me. I can tell. Big coat, big shirt, not what you normally wear. Tell us now. Are you pregnant with Jess's baby?" She asks.

I looked at her and at Rory and there was no way to deny it. I looked back at my mother and slowly nodded and she was not to happy. You could tell she was upset that I just like her had also become a young mother.

A/N: Now that Rory and Lorelai know the truth about Kenzie and her baby. How will this effect them and their family? What will the town think? If word gets out what will Luke do? Will we see Jess again? Want the answers? Then keep an eye out for update to find out.