Chapter 8

A/N: Hey guys sorry its been awhile, but Its back.

Kenzie's POV

I told Jess a few days ago and no surprise he took off. No note, no goodbye and I knew it would happen. Classic Jess. Always running away and everyone knew it. Today was Friday night dinner and I wasnt wanting to go, but I havent went in weeks so my sister is making me go.

"I know you dont want to, but I need you there." Rory says.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because Im in college now and we dont see each other much. I also have to get back tonight. So I wont be able to see you till next week sometime." She says.

"I really dont feel like having Grandma give me death glares all night." I say.

"Rory if she doesnt want to go then she doesnt have too. So she stays here and then when Grandma comes here out of nowhere and yells at her it will be on her. Then on me and then I'll be sad. When Im sad I do many many annoying things and since she lives her she will have to deal with it. Sounds fun huh Kenzie?" My mom questions.

"Okay you win. I'll go." I say.

"See you just have to annoy her." She says to Rory.

"Hurry before we are late." Rory says.

I went upstairs and got dressed and we headed to our grandparents. Rory in her car and Mom and I in the other.

"Rory just wants to spend time with you. You always in your room or working at Luke's and she is in college. Besides I think if we showed up another Friday without you Grandma just might give me another lecture about you." My mom says.

"Look she hates me and I dont want to fight with her again. Besides she and Grandpa dont even care about me. I just dont want to hear Im doing my life wrong. Like that stupid message she sent me." I say.

"She sent you a message?" She asks.

"Yeah. Saying how I could of done better in school if Jess didnt ruin me. Saying how this baby is a mistake and a bunch of annoying things." I say.

She wanted to respond, but when we arrived there was a party it would seem happening. We got out of the car and Rory came over to us.

"What happening?" Rory asks.

"I dont know." My mom says.

We walked inside and Grandma came over to us and grabbed Rory's hands.

"Oh good your here. These are fellow Yale alumni friends and their kids. Some friends and connection for you Rory." Grandma says.

"A set up. Mom you did not do this to Rory. All sons and no daughters." My mom says.

"Oh well these were the only families who could make it. Ohh.. Mackenzie your here. Anyway Rory go get changed upstairs." Grandma says and took Rory upstairs.

I knew this was a bad idea and Im just glad she wont make a scene tonight. I went to look around when my phone started going off and I didnt recognize the number, but I answered it any way.

Phone Call

Kenzie: Hello

Person: Hello is this Mackenzie Gilmore?

Kenzie: Yes. Who is this?

Person: My name is Liz. My son is Jess. My brother Luke told me and I wanted to talk to you about well whats going on.

Kenzie: Well... Im at my Grandparents tonight, but if your in Stars Hollow we can meet up tomorrow at Luke's.

Liz: Thats sounds good I'll see you tomorrow.

End Call.

Jess's mom wanted to talk to me and I guess if I dont have Jess its good to have his uncle and also his mom.

A/N: Hey guys do you like it? Let me know. Thanks.