- C H A P T E R ** T W O -

It has been a long flight, and I just want nothing more than to sleep already

                It has been a long flight, and I just want nothing more than to sleep already. We just got off the plane, ate my nuggets that Bill bought at McDonald's drive-thru, and I'm already tired. I don't really understand why people get tired after literally sitting for hours, but that's what I feel. I'm tired. I just want to lay down on a soft, comfy bed and take a good sleep for hours. Even a day! I could do it.

Bill has been driving for almost two hours now, and he has mentioned a couple of times that we're already near "our" home. It sounded – still does – weird to me, but I know it's the truth. His home is going to be my home now for God knows how long. America isn't really so bad. I've seen countless American movies, and all plots and settings look like this. I know I shouldn't base it on movies, but I hope people here aren't cunts. I've watched enough shows on Netflix to figure that teenage American people have attitude problem.

A few minutes later, Bill pulls up into an empty driveway. He gets out of the car and lifts up the garage door. While he does that, my eyes trail across the house. It's pretty nice and decent. It's a two-story house that's quite big for two people. Now that we're four, this will perfectly fit for us. The walls are bricks and painted white. On the far left side of the room is a chimney attached. I've only seen it in movies, and I'm fucking glad that I'm seeing it right now for real. Filipinos don't need chimneys in their house. Philippines is a fucking tropical country, and we only have two seasons. Summer and rainy season. Most of the time it rains there, but that doesn't mean we have a cool temperature. So yes, we don't need chimneys as we basically get burned in our houses or outside of it. However, in America, it's cold. I'm not used to the cold weather here. Is it always like this? Jesus Christ.

Bill gets in the car after lifting the garage door and parks the car inside. My mom and I climb out, and I get the luggage we brought. Bill grabs the luggage mom is holding, and she thanks him. He leads the way inside and just as I thought I wouldn't be more surprised, the interior of the place is not expected. It's almost perfect. The color of the walls compliment the overall decoration of the house, the furniture, and the objects sitting around the house. There's a sofa facing the Sony plasma TV that's quite big for my liking. It's attached to the wall and below is a cabinet with glass windows. There's a bunch of DVDs, most of them horror and romance. I've only seen a few of them, but they seem good to watch. There are lamps attached on the wall, too, unlit. There's a mini, silver chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The living room isn't that big, but it's impressive. It's comfy, and it gives a homey vibe already.

Face forward, you'll see a short stairway leading up to the second floor of the house. On my left side, there's a doorway to the kitchen that seems a bit big. Cupboards line up the wall, and the counter is full of herbs and spices in jar, a microwave sitting beside it. On my right, there's a short hallway that probably leads to the backyard. I drop my luggage on the ground and walk through the hallway that leads out. When I get there, my eyes widen at the sight. There's a 4-7 feet pool in the center, and around the pool are a couple of resting wooden pool chairs and lounges surrounding it. There's a big umbrella that's closed, but I can tell that it's huge.