- C H A P T E R ** T H R E E -

"Are you sure that you're ready to go to school? Isaiah won't wake up for another 30 minutes, and he can give you a ride on your way to school

"Are you sure that you're ready to go to school? Isaiah won't wake up for another 30 minutes, and he can give you a ride on your way to school." Bill asks me as he looks between me and my mom.

Mom's eyes meet mine and a small smile plays on her lips. Though the school starts at 8 in the morning, I've woken up around 4 am. I'm surprised my body clock has adjusted so fast. Honestly, I'm used to waking up early. Before, back in the Philippines, the school starts at 7 am and I'd be awake around the same time, 4-ish am. So it's not really a surprised that I woke up this early today just to go to school. I've searched the direction for the school, and it turns out, it's surprisingly a bit far. Maybe around 20 to 30 minutes of walking? It's not really a problem. I'm used to walking distance, too. There's something about walking, earphones plugged in, that's so satisfying. Your mind can wander to any places, and you'll find yourself thinking about almost everything. From how many people are there in the world to finding your one true soul mate. I like to think of stories that's going on just inside my head, like how I'm going to succeed here, or how I'm going to be a volleyball star in the future someday.

Mom grabs Bill's arm and smiles brightly at him.

"Honey, trust me, if there's a physical activity beside volleyball that Chad likes, it's walking." Mom chuckles at his priceless reaction – shocked – and grabs the Lock&Lock Tupperware that has my food for today. "He's used to walking. He walked every day to school, and he walks kilometers. Trust me. This is an easy task for him. As for waking up early, don't be surprised. That's his thing, too, and it's an everyday thing for him."

"Do you know where the school is, at least?" Bill hasn't recovered from being shocked. "I wish Isaiah would be as enthusiast as you when waking up. It's hard to wake that kid up. I asked him yesterday where he had gone, turned out he sent me a text message. I kind of... deleted it, I guess. Not the first time it happened." Bill chuckles at that.

"Google Maps." I tell him, holding my phone up. Bill sighs in relief. I decide to ignore his comment about his son. I'd meet him in school, I guess. "Thanks, mom, Bill."

I put the Tupperware in my backpack, and mom gives me a kiss on the cheek before I turn on my heels and start my little journey to the skill. There isn't much in my backpack, considering that books will be given to me once I get there. I may need to go to the helpdesk to ask for some help. The only things in there are notebooks and pens, and alcohol. I never fail to bring alcohol. Once I shut the front door behind me, I fish my phone out of my pocket and plug the earphones in. I open the music application and set it on shuffle, but not toggling the repeat button. Once I choose a song, it will still be on replay. I don't get why I set it on shuffle when I'm going to play the same song all over again. I shrug, starting to walk as Mike Posner's "The Way It Used To Be" starts playing.

I bop my head along the music, mumbling the lyrics. The sun is just about to rise, and the sky is a hue of light blue. Over the horizon, you can see the sun peaking already but not enough to paint the sky yellow. I adjust my backpack, tightening it a bit, and begin to snap my fingers along the beat. I'm more of a pop music kind of guy. Most of the people say my music taste is bad, but as long as Nicki Minaj can throw a subtle diss and shade through her music, or even if the light has come to give everything the darkness stole as what Ariana Grande said, I'm good. No one can tell me that my taste in music is bad. That, or they can literally fuck off my life.