- C H A P T E R * * T W E N T Y O N E -

Author's Note: I'm innocent.

Instagram: JMSenar
Twitter: JMSenar

For some reason, my morning has been great

For some reason, my morning has been great. As if on instinct, my fingers touch my lips and a smile graces my face. I head to the bathroom and splash my face with cold water. I look in the mirror, and somehow, even though my complexion is dark, I can see how flushed I am. I slap my cheeks and take a deep breath. I take off my clothes and head into the shower, but I stare at the ceiling for about 15 minutes thinking of nothing as the water splashes on my face.

Mom has prepared her stuff already. Typical Asian moms. Her trip is supposed to be tonight, but she has already packed her clothes. Bill has to go to work today, and my mom has to wait for him to come home. I roll my eyes but smile in the process. She seems so excited about her upcoming treat that it makes me happy as well. My mom deserves a lot of things in her life, and this is one of them.

"Oh, by the way, Isaiah has gone to school early again." Mom tells me, and I nod my head in understanding.

Isaiah and I are not good at the moment, but hopefully, this weekend, the rift and tension between us should be gone. I don't like any conflict in my life, and until I figure out myself, it's best that we stay afloat. I know that Isaiah is still avoiding me, and with Jean in the picture, I'd see him less.

That's how relationship works in the first place, right?

Couple would be always together whenever they are, and I can tell Jean and Isaiah are going to be celebrities once the rumors have been proven true. I shake my head, getting it off my mind. My morning is great, I don't want it ruined just because I'm overthinking about someone being in a relationship.

"It's not a problem. I actually like walking in the morning." I respond with some truth in my statement. Walking in the morning isn't quite bad as it seems to be, and I used to walk a lot when I was still studying in the Philippines. Hello, my house was literally a few streets away from my school. "You know I like to walk even back then."

"That's true," Mom takes a seat besides Bill and offers him some hash brown.

I eat before I head out. Hash browns are one my favorite breakfast, and that just adds me a new reason to be happy today. I begin walking through the road for pedestrians, earphones in my ears, Girls' Generation banging in my ears. I silently sing along even though I don't speak Korean.

It takes 5 minutes before I even notice someone's honking his car at me. I unplug my ears from my ears and look at Dylan, who has his window rolled down. He motions for me to climb into his car.

"Isaiah came into the school without you, so I figured you'd be walking." He grins as he unlocks the door. I climb in without hesitation, not asking any question. Dylan turns on the radio, and it plays a song I don't recognize. "I was actually at school already, but it was too early. I was just at the parking lot when I saw Isaiah getting out of his car without you in it. That guy seemed to be in a good mood this morning. He was too smiley this morning when I saw him."