- C H A P T E R * * F I V E -

Author's Note: Okay, so I know it's been a long time since I last updated this. And I perfectly understand if you're pissed (lol, I'm pissed at myself too). 2019 had so many to offer, and I accepted them all.  First off, I resigned at my previous job because it felt like I wasn't growing anymore, and I wasn't happy doing what I was doing there. Entered Google - so they offered me a job and now I'm working under their Ads team. So this is the reason why it' been a hectic year for me. I've been focusing on this job because trust me, Google has a lot to fucking offer. But now that I have a lot of free time to do whatever I want, I chose to write!

So if you wish to follow my life, you can always hit me up on Twitter and IG (@jmsenar), or you can always check my Facebook and stalk me. FYI, I rarely open my Wattpad Inbox, so if you want to message me, make sure you reach out to me on my social media accounts! I'm always free to talk with.

Yours truly,
Mike

 After that volleyball try-outs, I want more than nothing but to drink a lot of water and sit down

 After that volleyball try-outs, I want more than nothing but to drink a lot of water and sit down. I'm sweating everywhere, the clothes that I'm wearing are clinging onto my skin - a feeling that I sort of miss when I was the team captain of the volleyball team of the school back in the Philippines. It's a nice touch that I'm feeling this again as I've been missing home, my real home, so much. I wonder how everyone is doing back at home.

Dylan catches up with me and takes a seat beside me with a huge grin plastered on his face. He offers his hand for a high-five and lets out a smirk, and I gladly offer my hand and he slaps it with his.

"That's a nice play you got there," Dylan states as he looks back at the game going on, which is for a basketball try-out. "Consider already that you're part of the team, because I'm sure as hell Coach Evans wouldn't let you go. You're already their star player."

"That's nice," I let out a chuckle while shaking my head as I look forward and see my step-brother stepping his game up. He looks so serious. His eyes are basically on fire, sweat is starting to form and slide across his chiseled jaw, his legs slightly parted. He looks so ready and competitive. "I was a team captain of the school's volleyball team back in the Philippines. Lost that title to my best friend when I came here. But I'm happy."

"Yeah?" Dylan chuckles and pats my knee and I nod my head.

My step-brother, Isaiah, turns to look at our direction and he momentarily freezes. He gets sidestepped by a junior that's when he regains his focus. He immediately launches at him with sheer determination that it baffles me how competitive this guy is. He runs as fast as he can and snatches the ball from his opponent's clutch until he's dribbling, doing those tricks I keep seeing where they pass the ball front and back within their legs, until he runs faster and side-steps his opponent until he jumps high and shoots the ball. The ball bounces back, but Isaiah jumps again and does a slam-dunk. His teammates cheer, clapping their hands as they whistle.

"He's pretty good at that," I say to no one in particular as I stare at my step-brother, watching his every move. He smiles widely at his teammates, or friends, and high-fives a blonde guy.