March 10, 2019

Dear My Person,

I didn't pull into the driveway yesterday in fear of someone recognizing my car.

Luckily, Alina came out quick and I didn't see any peeping eyes in the blinds. She made up some excuse and thankfully, it was working. Last night was supposed to be perfect, I couldn't have a disapproving family member mess it up.

God, she looked so good last night. I told her she didn't have to dress too fancy, I wasn't that rich, but she was wearing black leggings, a white shirt and a brown leather jacket that made her look like a fucking runway model. I would say my favorite part was her leggings hugging her ass, but only a douchebag would say that ;)

She hopped into the car and I leaned over to kiss her but she moved away. "Someone is going to see." She said, biting her lip. Goddamn, I really wanted to kiss her right now.

I put the car into drive and pulled away, starting towards the restaurant.

Just as we were about to leave the neighborhood, she put her hand on my arm saying "Pull over here."

I did as she asked, and only had time to turn my head before her lips were on mine. It had only been a day and I already missed her lips. It had only been a day. What the hell was wrong with me?

We pulled away slowly after half a minute, even though I kept going back for a few rogue kisses. All I seemed to know how to do was kiss her, and I was starting to worry that was a problem. Jesus, Grant, use your mouth to speak.

"Hi." She said, smiling.

I smiled back, leaning into my seat. "Hey."

I put my foot on the pedal and we continued along as if we had been driving the whole time. "So I thought we would go to that new sushi place downtown. Clarissa liked sushi," Wow well aren't you just being a special little fuck up today. "Not to make this about your sister, or assume you like the same things that she does but, I don't know, girls like sushi. Unless you don't like sushi then we can go somewhere else." Shut up shut up shut up shut up.

She laughed. "I love sushi."

I took a deep breath, adjusting my hands on the wheel. "I'm not trying to make this weird I swear."

"You're not making it weird. You're just nervous, that's cute."

I looked over at her and I could tell she was trying not to laugh. "I'm not cute, ok? I'm the farthest thing from cute."

"Okay." She bubbled.

I took a deep breath, laughing a little myself. "It's going to be a long night."

"Hey, I find that very offensive." She said, still smiling.

"I never said there was anything wrong with a long night."

Finally, we got to the restaurant without me completely ruining the night before it even started, but she made it seem like there wasn't much I could do that would ruin this for her, which made me feel a little better. Like I said, I hate talking, and I wasn't very good at it, but she knew that, and she didn't care.

I held the door for her because I was a motherfucking gentleman and followed her into the restaurant. As she was asking the hostess for a table, I put my hand on the small of her back and I felt her tense up a little, then lean into me. I might've been a gentleman, but I was still kind of a douchebag, and I still wanted to touch her because making out wasn't really appropriate at the moment.

I mouthed "booth" to the hostess and she nodded slightly to me, gathering up a few menus before leading us to a booth in the back. The restaurant was pretty crowded tonight, but luckily I didn't see anyone I knew. It's not like I was embarrassed to be seen with her, but the last thing I needed was rumors to be started before we even knew what we were, if anything, but I'll get to that later.