May 16, 2019

Dear Future Husband,

Our course placement cards were given to us today and I have never been more scared for junior year.

My school offers a lot of different electives and AP classes, and I never realized exactly how many we had. Next year I have the choice to take three different sciences if I wanted to. Three! On top of that I have about five languages I can choose from, if I wanted to continue with French or start taking Spanish or Latin or German or Chinese. Plus I had to decide what AP classes I was going to take, if any.

I definitely want to go the pre med track, but I'm nervous I'm going to take all of these sciences and get to college and realize I want to go into business but have no business class experience. It's all so overwhelming! It's like they are asking me to decide the next thirty years now, at sixteen years old.

Some of my friends are going the pre med track too and are taking three of the hardest AP sciences next year on top of AP Literature and Latin. Junior year is hard enough and I don't want to stretch myself too thin, but I don't want to not do enough.

I just can't find the balance with this and I don't know what to do. My dreams seem so far out of reach no matter what classes I take.

On top of my classes for next year, I have been busting my butt studying for my classes this year. On top of that, I have field hockey until five every night unless I have a game which will sometimes go until 8 which equals five hours of sleep some nights.

All I know is that I better destress soon before I get pimples which will not look good for prom which is in three days.

It is all too much for me right now. I really could use a break, and the sweet release of summer was only a few months away. It couldn't come soon enough and I can't wait to just sit back, relax and enjoy life.

I need summer really bad.

I need you really bad.

Xoxo, Alina