fourty-five

45 ;  stress

Lily and I drove back home, dropping the crib off with James before I grabbed one of my 'false satin' - nylon based satin - robes. I explained to Sirius that we were going to Hogwarts, but that he nor James were allowed to come.

"Why not?" Sirius had pouted, Esme on his hip. Her head was resting on his shoulder, her eyes droopy.

"Not only will we be gone for a while, likely having to stop somewhere to sleep for the night," I said as I smiled at my daughter. "But it's also a girl's trip."

"Then why aren't you taking James?"

Lily snickered, as I rolled my eyes.

"Also," I said quietly. "Minerva would likely kick us out before we stepped foot in the castle if we brought you baffoons back there."

"Well tell kitty I said hi."

"I am not calling her kitty."

"You're boring."

I rolled my eyes as I kissed Sirius' cheek. I kissed Esme's forehead before Lily and I left for our journey.

Since I wasn't completely sure where I was going, but knew the general direction, we sent a Patronus to Albus. We told him we were going to try to fly/drive to Hogsmeade, and that a search party may be necessary if we don't get there by nightfall the next day. I added, for clarity, that I did not know where I was going, but had a general idea of the direction.

We got a response when we got into the air. Albus said to keep him updated, that he would ensure that someone was at Hogsmeade to escort us to the castle. He said he would tell Minerva we were coming to see her.

So, Lily and I were on the way to Hogwarts.

At some point, when it began to get really dark, we lowered to the ground. I parked in a field, quietly hoping nobody would happen upon us in the middle of the night.

"What kind of buffoons drive a flying car to Hogwarts?"

"Apparently we do," I said quietly as I crawled into the back of the car. I laid across the first row of seats. After failing to get comfortable, I charmed the seat to be more comfortable, and a little wider. "This was a stupid idea."

"It is a stupid idea," Lily laughed as she did the same to the row of seats behind me. "But it has been fun."

"You only say that because I let you have control over the cassette."

"You are a liar if you try to say you don't enjoy my music," Lily snickered. "You sang along the last time!"

"Because it has been the same twelve songs for nearly seven hours!"

Lily and I laughed, as we both also admitted how completely stupid this idea was.

"Why didn't we Floo?"

"Are the fireplaces in Hogwarts connected to the Floo network?"

"I'm quite certain there are fireplaces in Hogsmeade. The village does have occupants and visitors that aren't students."

"Why didn't we Floo?"

Lily snickered before she transfigured some pillows out of little objects she brought. She tossed one to me, doing the same for some thick blankets. We had enchanted the car to stay at a steady temperature, but it was purposely set a bit low for comfort's sake. Both of us liked sleeping with blankets.

"I hope nobody else is foolish enough to do this," I said as I curled myself into my blanket. "Especially our children."

"I don't know, Jem," Lily snorted. "Our children are our children. Look at their parents; their mothers are doing this, and their fathers were some of the most notorious Hogwarts pranksters. Ever."