forty-eight

48 ; jemina black

Telling Lily and James that Sirius and I were going to have a healthy baby around the same time as them was one of the most amazing things I ever got to do.

James was beyond excited, and when Lily started to cry, I did too.

The boys quietly cursed hormones as they wrapped their arms around us.

When I told Lily that the baby was a girl, she turned to James. She asked if he wanted to know what their baby was, and he narrowed his eyes. After a moment, he nodded. Lily went to the kitchen, where she had a landline phone, and dialed the number for St. Mungo's.

Sirius and I left after Lily told James they had an appointment for that Friday.

Esme pouted the entire way home. The moment we were in the house, she turned to us confidently.

"Sister!"

The morning of my wedding was so, so, stressful that I was convinced I was going to pass out.

Lily had spent the night with me and Esme, while Sirius spent the night with James. She told me about how James asked her why she never told him that I liked girls. She couldn't help but laugh as I told her the story.

She admitted that Genevieve was an extremely attractive person, snorting when I told her that she was part Veela.

I let Lily do my hair. She simply used magic to tame the curls, make them slightly less curled, while also pinning my hair out of my face. I was thoroughly happy with the outcome, and as I changed, I thanked her.

The moment we left the house, Esme in her stroller, Lily grabbed her camera, snapping a picture of me. I turned towards her, playfully scolding her.

I had decided to get dressed at the venue, in the room I was supposed to wait in. So, I wore the first shirt I found, which happened to be a white one. It was made of a soft cotton, and had see-through sleeves that kept falling off of my shoulders. As we left the house, I decided to just leave them the way they wanted to be.

Lily commented that my shirt looked like a wedding dress on it's own, and I laughed.

We drove to the venue and arrived much earlier than any guests, so we began to set up

We drove to the venue and arrived much earlier than any guests, so we began to set up. The moment that the candles were lit, Lily ushered me into the dressing room. Lily transfigured a toy for Esme, and so we began the finishing touches on my appearance.

The redhead stood behind me, her hands on my shoulders as she watched me through the mirror. I was staring at myself; the images of my mother's wedding album flashing through my mind. She and I looked eerily alike; but not in the same way that James and Dad did. I sighed heavily as I thought about him.

And, suddenly, I began to cry.

"Hey, it's okay," Lily immediately wrapped her arms around me from behind. It was ironically funny to me that she seemed to have been waiting for me to breakdown. Though, I had to admit, I think we both were just waiting for it to happen. She squeezed her arms around me, "Minnow."