p r o l o g u e

Curly haired, brown eyed Leia Adeyemi the epitome of utter, uncontrollable clumsiness and unintentional irresponsibility.

You see, her life in a complete nutshell is waking up 20 minutes late, tripping over her own feet into the shower, causing her to bang her head on the counter, wasting 10 minutes stopping her bloody nose, gloomily showering and brushing her teeth, putting on an old pair of jeans and yesterday's t-shirt (which is probably stained), balancing drying her hair with one hand and putting on her sneaker with other hand-

It just goes on and on. She gets and average of 4 detention slips a week, either for being late for class or not showing up at all, mixing up her school schedule that, for some reason, she can't manage to memorise.

But today- today seemed different. In a good way, of course.

For one, she woke up 5 minutes before 6- a once-in-a-blue-moon phenomenon. She got out of bed and walked to her tiled bathroom to brush her teeth- no tripping. She got out of the shower about 8 minutes past six, 10 minutes earlier than she would usually leave her bathroom.

She got dressed and went down the stairs, landing on the hard wooden floor with nothing more than a little stumble on the last few steps. There was a stack of toast and eggs on the kitchen counter and note from her mom saying she had an early shift this morning and had already taken her brother, Jacoby, to school, her baby brother Manuel was already at day care, and that her oldest brother, Christopher, was planning to visit later next week- nothing out of the ordinary.

She ate in silent peace, nothing could ruin this perfect day- nothing.

With a smile on her face and a tune playing in her head, she left the front door with a mental note to smile at everyone she saw today, and mounted her light blue bike as she rode to school.

The only thing going through her mind was the repetitive chant of "nothing can ruin this morning for me,", right up until she strapped her bike in with the others by the rack, and turned around to walk to the large doors of the tolerable torture called school when-

- C R U N C H -

She froze as she heared the sound of metal being crushed and a sad little bell going ting before she heard a faint "sh!t,".

Everyone in the courtyard turned to witness the small commotion, hoping for something interesting to happen before eight long hours of classes

Turning around, with the expression of a heartbroken and angered 5"9 teenager, she felt her curls stand on edge on her head as she muttered the first word that came to her mind.

"You better start running you disappointing waste of space,"

Well, crud-

- a u t h o r ' s   n o t e -

Heyy-
So first chapter up! This is quite exciting :)
I hope y'all like this book so far! Please comment any criticism (don't be a butt about the complains though!) And your opinions on my characters writing style and grammar.
The next chapters will be longer and a little less droaning. You can comment if you have any covers or storyline extras for me ;)
Please vote, comment and reccomendation this book to friends!
Lots of love,
- m xx