c h a p t e r t w o

It didn't take long until Camden came out from under the bleachers and shot me an obviously forced smile.

"Ready to go?" He asked, bringing his keys out of the back pocket of his shorts.

Nodding slightly, i followed quietly behind him as he led us to his car, silently debating whether or not to confront him about what had happened with the coach.

He opened the passenger's door of his large black truck and jogged over to the driver's seat, hopping in and putting the key in ignition.

See, this is why I hate trucks- they're so freaking tall! I have to climb the seat just to get on, praying to God Camden suddenly finds a piece of lint interesting or somthing. I strapped  on my seat belt and shot a wide smile at Camden.

"First stop: Hyder's Prep- we've got to pick up Coby."

"Who's-"

"My 13 year old brother. Second stop, the local tracks at the country club. I've got to practice until next season, y'know, if I want to beat prissy Rebecca Hart for last leg. She pisses me off..."

I stoped dead in my tracks as I looked up at Camden's face, slightly distorted with discomfort.

"Too much?" I internally cringe as I ask.

"Just..just a little."

"I'm sorry I just-"

"Mhm-"

"Got carried away and well.."

"Yeah.."

"Kept..rambling.."

"Hm."

"I- I'm sorry."

"Got it."

10 minutes into the drive and it has been the most tense 10 minutes of my life. I was about to stick my headphones on when Camden switched the radio on and i froze dead in my tracks. Burna Boy..

I kid you not, I winged out into a full on contemporary choreo to Gbona. Call me shameless, but you're talking to the girl who did the chicken dance in front of the whole school in the 7th grade.

I didn't realise what I was doing until the song ended and I caught Camden staring at me with quirky smile on his lips.

"I didn't know you danced.."

"I don't, CD."

"Woah, when did you start calling me CD? Isn't that, like, the default name the school gave me? Aren't you not like other girls--"

"Uh huh? Weren't you gonna say my name?"

"Nope,"

"You've forgotten, haven't you!"

"Besides the point!" He hissed in defense. "Aren't you one of those cringey girls who love to say they 'aren't like other girls' or some typa of sh!t like that..?"

"What? No!"

I smacked him on his unfairly toned upper arm as we pulled up to the gates of Hyder's Prep. I waved at Tobi, who was sitting all alone in front of the school, with a frown in his face and stomp in his walk.

"What took you so long! Also, who's sick truck is this? What is this, some kind of Chevrolet Silverado? Lemme guess, 1500 Hybrid?"

"Looks like you know your trucks. Hey, little man," he stretched his hand over my shoulder, clashing Coby's smaller one in the backseat. "I'm Camden."

"Jacoby. Sick truck, by the way. But, why are you picking us up? I usually ride with Leia."

"I'm her boyfriend-" he started to say with a big goofy smile plastered on his face.

"Olorun Oba, NO, no no no. Don't get it twisted. O gbodo sere ju, he smashed Marion this morning at school. He owes me his life." I said, looling back at my confused brother.

"So..this isn't permanent?" He asked skeptically.

"We'll  see.." he winked at me, driving off again towards the country club.

"Okay, HOW do you go from ignoring me half the trip to claiming to be my significant other..?" I asked, doubling up with laughter, along side Camden and Coby.

Definitely can't bring up the whole coach fiasco right now..

A/N
Hi :)
So, second chapter done! I'm actually kinda ill rn, so this might not be the best, considering the only thing in my mind is my pillow and movies. Hope you liked this chapter! Please vote, comment and share this story if you're enjoying it so far! Let me know if there are any spelling errors or ideas you'd like to share!
Super long chapter coming up!
Have a nice day~
-m xx