c h a p t e r f o u r

It's currently Thursday, a day after the official contract was written, ans both teenagers signed at the bottom ("This is truly so extra, though.", "oh shush, we're being professional.")

Leia's currently in physics class, learning about radioactivity, but all she can think about right now was the conversation she had with Camden minutes before he dropped her off.

Right before she was about to hop out of his soft leather seats and run up the driveway, so eager to attach herself to her sheets, a soft click was heard as Camden locked the doors.

- F l a s h b a c k -

"Why-" she skeptically asked as she turned in her seat towards the obviously cunning jock.

"I have something else for your beloved contract." He interrupted quickly.

"Seriously?" She sighed lightly, glancing longingly at the front door of her house.

"Dead serious. Now, there's a little catch to this whole, 'me taking you around the place' thing-"

- B A N G!   B A N G!   B A N G! -

Both their gazes shifted to the large window of Camden's truck. There she was, Mrs Adeyemi, with an adorable child on her hip as she loudly knocked on the window, a frown on her face as she balanced the child and a pacifier in her other hand.

"Oh, shoot," she muttered as she hastily unlocked the door (stupidly fogetting she had the ability to do that a long time ago), jumping down from the car and standing beside her annoyed African mother. You can realky see the resemblance, actually, Camden thought.

Waving frantically, she managed to mutter a quick "Bye Cam, see you tomorrow Cam," before she shut the door and dragged her protesting mother into the house.

"Leia Temidayo Adeyemi-"

"Mom, mom, wait. Before you even say anything-"

"Hey hey hey, ah ahhn." Her mother said with a smile on her face as she watched her daughter lock the doors and dump her bag beside Manuel's play set. "I wanted to have a chat with the young man keeping my daughter out past 7 o'clock."

Sighing, she pushed her hair out of her face and into a tight braid behind her head as she looked up at her mother. She reached forward and took a gurgling Manuel from her arms, turning around slightly as she picked up a stray toy from the side table in the hall.

"He was no-one mom. You can start with dinner, I'll be with Manuel in Jacoby's room, okay? He's back from Greg's house, right?" She proceeded to walk up the stairs, successfully tripping over the first two, leaving her amused mother in the hall.

"Yeah, yeah, sure thing, Lei."

- e n d   o f    f l a s h b a c k -

"-the spontaneous explosion of any element's nucleus can be accurately defined as nuclear radiation only if it gives of energy in the the form of radiation. Do you understand?" Mrs Hernandez, their middle-aged physics teacher in her curvy and grey-eyed prime stated as she looked around the class.

"Yes, Mrs Hernandez." Leia managed to chorus with the rest of the class.

Just then, the bell rang and there was shuffling as all the students began putting their notes and pencil cases in their bags and getting up to leave.

"Alright, class A, you have an illustration activity in pages 82 to 85 of your advanced sciences textbook due tomorrow, alright? Class dismissed."