c h a p t e r t h r e e

DISCLAIMER: SUPER LONG CHAPTER AHEAD--

I jinxed it. I totally jinxed it.

After Camden dropped Coby off at his friend's house (which was on the way to the country club), he dropped me off at the gates of the country club. And me, still in denial about my suspicious good luck, told him he could leave, and that I had everything I needed in my back pack. I also saw how anxious he was to leave.

After changing into a t-shirt, shorts and trainers, I put my headphones on and began jogging around the track, slowly picking up speed until I was sprinting full speed.

Then- it happened. I fell face flat on the tracks- tripped over my own feet and banged my knee up a little bit. I sat on my knees and shook my head phones off, looking up as a fat-as-heck rain drop fell directly in my eye. Cue the nostalgic memories of having to put in eye drops as a kid after drying my eyes out watching Waybuloo.

Not long after, it started pelting down on me, and I just sat there, totally confused and not the slightest bit worried about my headphones.

"Hey!"

My head snapped up. Someone was screaming at me from the sheltered entrance.

"Get out of the freaking rain, you moron! I need to drive you home, and i don't need you soaking my leather seats!"

Sigh. Camden.
Rolling my eyes, i got up, taking my headphones with me as i ran to grab my backpack from under the seats and to the entrance. The running made me realise how cold i actually was, as i began to shiver.

"What were you doing in the rain? How am i meant to take you home like this?"

"S-sorry? I th-thought y-you were already g-gone!" I said, taking off my trainers and putting them on the couches, Camden watching me with a slight frown on his face.

Shaking his head, he shrugged off his huge maroon bomber jacket and threw it over my shoulders, turning towards the door.

"I have stuff to do, hurry up."

I shook my head fondly as i pulled my dry shoes from earlier on and grabbed my backpack.

"Y'know, you were much nicer earlier this morning. And i don't get why you're acting like i dragged your raggedy behind over here in the rain, Camden. I did let you know you could leave." I said as we walked in the sheltered sides of fhe building and walkway, avoiding the rain.

"Y'know, you're much more likeable with your mouth shut." I scoffed at that. "Also, i feel less guilty about your wretched bike now, and I'm just realising how much of a liability your short self is."

We were in the car by now, and i was getting kinda upset. He's talking like he just managed to pound an entire mortar of yams.

"Cool down, hot stuff. I guess you're not used to people talking down to you, so try to keep your cool. I'm not the one that's a liability, at least i don't have to be talked to privately by my own coach about something that's probably along the lines on slacking off or just being a general douche." I spat out. Ooh, I think i hit a nerve.

His grip tightened on the steering wheel and he exhaled, like, really loudly.

Finally, he turned to look at me with literal fire in eyes.
"I don't know what messed up books or sh!t you read, but not all jocks slack off and still end up being prom king with a scholarship to f*ck!ng Zimbabwe to pursue his dream job, okay?"

Gosh darn-

"And, not like its any of your business or anything, but i was talking to coach because, apparently, my grades aren't adding up to enough credits to permit me to play next season. So, miss I'm-not-a-liability-i-can't-keep-my-cool, i might not get to play next season and instead of f*ck!ng studying sh!t i don't even understand in the first place, i have to drive around some random girl 'cuz i broke her bike, alright?"

"I-"

"It's fine, i just need to drop you off and i don't need to see you until tomorrow." He put the ley in the ignition and began to pull out of the driveway, reading the address i had written down earlier.

I soaked it all in. And i can't lie, i kinda feel bad. He even gave me his jacket! But thinking about this whole driving me around thing..

"Ca-"

"Shh."

"Camden.."

"Please shut up."

"But I-"

"Oh my gosh..."

"I really need to ask-"

"What?! God d@mn!"

"..don't we need a contract for the whole driving me around thing?"

Now he scoffed. "A contract?"

"I mean, yeah. Get the rules down and everything. To have our boundaries."

"I mean..." he sighed- again. "Sure, go crazy."

Smiling, I grabbed a spare notebook from my back pack a began to write some things down:

****

Contract concerning the issue of driving Leia around as compensation.

1. You always need to make time for each other- gotta be fair now.

****

"Seems fair," he hummed, glancing quickly from the page back to the road.

"Kindly drive more smoothly, my hand's shaking."

****

2. This contract lasts until Leia passes her drivers test.

****

"Woah, wait a minute," he said after i read it out to him. "Who's truck is this?"

"Yours, but you crushed my bike. Besides I'm taking it after our exams, no big deal.

"Fine, fine. Hopefully you pass and I can finally focus on the game when your problematic behind is out of my life," he shot me a sly smile and i shook my head as i thought of more torturous rules to write down.

At a point in time, he snatched the paper in traffic and totally ruined the uniformity of my sentences- inconsiderate fool.

In the end, this is what it read:
(Camden, Leia)

-----
Contract concerning the issue of driving Leia around as compensation.

1. You always need to make time for each other- gotta be fair now.

2. This contract lasts until Leia passes her drivers test.

3. Camden has to drive Leia to track practice thrice a week, and has to pick Jacobi up after school as early as possible.

=("Hey now, Lei, whats all this about?", "Did you just call me Lei?", "I have a life too! Gimme that-", "Eyes on the road!", "WE'RE IN TRAFFIC!")=

4. Lei has to realise Camden has a freaking life and ---

5. Any problems with the lists are terminated.

=("Don't let me go all John Boyega on you from Pacific Rim: Uprising!", "Who the heck is that? Also, how so you rule so straight?", "Okay, we've got to watch that movie duirng this period of time,", "H3ll no, Leia.")=

6. Fun times are encouraged.

7. Compensations are also encouraged.

8. All rules are final, if a certain someone doesn't want to die by the hand of an omorogun-clad teenager.

-----

Sorry for the super long chapter!
There isnt anything to really say, but i hope youre enjoying this book so far!
Please vote, comment and share this story! All criticism is considered!
More details next chapter.
Also, you can pretty much imagine the characters as anyone you'd like, following the descriptions. If you'd like a chapter explaining the faciak features of the main characters, let me know!
Have a nice day~
- m xx