c h a p t e r o n e

- r e c a p -
"" She froze as she heared the sound of metal being crushed and a sad little bell going ting before she heard a faint "sh!t,".

Everyone in the courtyard turned to witness the small commotion, hoping for something interesting to happen before eight long hours of classes

Turning around, with the expression of heartbroken and angered 5"9 teenager, she felt her curls stand on edge on her head as she muttered the first word that came to her mind.

"You better start running you disappointing waste of space,"

Well, crud- ""

----
b i r d ' s   e y e
A thousand things ran through her head as she watched the mangled remains of her bike- the same bike she's had for the past 4 years.

For the teenage boy stuck in the seat of his car, wondering how he was going to get out and face the owner of the bike he just vandalised. Or destroyed, whichever fits.

"You better start running you disappointing waste of space,"

Those were the words that snapped him out of his trance and gave him the confidence to hop out of his car (with a small string of profanities flowing from his lips, of course) and be met by the strong gaze of a girl in his year.

"Ooh, Cam's boutta get his ass whooped!"
"Whose bike is that, anyways?"
"This is better than first period english any day,"

Leia, eyes still filled with fire and fists clenched, was the first to speak.
"Look, i don't know how you're gonna fix this but-"

"I'm so sorry-"

"Don't interrupt me. As I was saying, i dont know what you're gonna do about my bike, but you've gotta drive me to track and to my brother's school today, got it?"

"But I-"

"Dont know who I am? Leia. Adeyemi. Mr Finston's class."

"Wait, I-"

"I don't care." She pressed her lips together and took a step forward, hands on her hips as she looked the poor boy in the eyes.

"Look here, Camden, you crush my bike, you become my personal chauffeur."

With a large exhale and a 180° turn, she tightened the strap on her backpack as she pushed through the crowd towards the school entrance, an energetic bounce in her step as her curls bounced on her shoulders and a frown on her face as she recalled her words thrown at Camden Decker, school's star student and overall most loved student in school.

Quickly dodging the pole in front of her and nearly falling face flat on the grass, she tried her best to walk without stumbling, knowing completely well that everyone was trying to decide whether to stare at her, or at Decker.

----

"Wait, wait, wait, you're telling my you have CD driving you home today?"

I had met with my best friend since 2nd grade (a blue-haired sweetheart named Alli, who threw a little plastic chair at me in the second grade after I took her crayons) at the empty bleachers with my lunch, and before i could say hi and dove right into the matter of the day.

"Huh? How did you even-"

"Our whole year's talking about it! Are you guys secretly dating or something?" She asked, trying to seem nonchalant as she opened a bag of chips- as if.

"Dude!" I smacked her shoulder and took my bad of apple slices.

"So..it's just because he smashed Marion*? That's quite a douche thing for a boyfriend to do,"

"Why you little brAT-"

Let's just say- i lost it.

(Marion's Leia's bike, but i felt there wasn't need to include that since it could just have taken up space :'))

----

After i nearly castrated Alli at lunch, i left for the rest of my classes and went on a search for Camden- i need to leave now if i want to avoid my coach chewing my foot off.

I walked on to the football field with my hands subconsciously flattening my skirt over my thighs as i watched each player walk off the field in groups- except Camden.

I watched as he had a tense word with the coach and shake his head as turned around and caught my brown eyes in his bright green ones, sighing and looking over at the coach on more time before spinning on his heels towards me.

I was caught off gaurd by his sudden change in mood and stumbled backwards as he stopped in front of me.

"H-hey? Are you ready to go?" I stuttered.

"I'll be out in a second, I need to change." His voice was moodier than it was this morning.

"Okay, where do-"

Before i could ask where to wait for him, he turned around and barged into the hallway under the bleachers that led to the school halls connected to the locker rooms.

Guess I'm gonna wait here, then.

A/N
There isnt much to say.
Vote, comment and share this story if you are enjoying it so far!
Criticism is appreciated!
(And so are covers! Just comment if youd like to help!)
Thankyou for reading!
- m xx