Chapter Ten-We should meet up soon

I pulled away and looked at April who now had a shocked expression.

"W-why did you just kiss me?!" I questioned loudly not being able to control the level of my voice.

"I-I don't k-know!" She cried looking at me with tears falling from her eyes. April got up quickly.

"I think you should go," she whispered quietly almost like she couldn't bare to say it.

"I think so too, bye April and thanks for the picnic," I said turning round so I couldn't see the sadness in her eyes.

Walking home there is the quite buzz of cars in the background but none too close by. Television screens blurred as I walked past houses that had there curtains open. Stars started to appear in the now pitch black sky. The only light on the street is a few lights on the sides of the road and the moonlight lighting up the sidewalk. Cold Autumn air pricked at my skin with the chill of the evening.

***

I opened up the front door and am instantly hit with the warmth of the house, my breath no longer makes a white fog when I breathe and the coldness on my skin has gone. The smell of Pizza filled the house smelling delicious. I took of my jacket and hung it on a hook by the door. Then I slipped of my shoes placing them neat by the rest.

"Hey!" I called out to whoever is home. Walking into the living room I see my Mum and Dad snuggled up on the couch. This was a very rare and odd sight to see the, last time I saw them this close was when I was four.

"Hey honey." Mum said sweetly. 'Honey?' I questioned to myself. She looks happy though, the happiest she's been in ages and even dad has a smile which is a big deal for him.

"What are you watching?" I asked looking at the Tv screen.

"Riverdale we heard all you young teens are watching it so we thought we'd give it a shot," Mum said shrugging. Still looking at the screen I saw my favourite character Jughead appear and his girlfriend Betty.

"Okay, when's dinner?" I questioned looking down at my phone screen for the time; six o'clock.

"Soon it's cooking now," mum said her eyes not coming off the screen.

"Okay." I replied simply then went up to my room for a bit. Getting out my diary I quickly scribbled down about this day, full of lots of odd events and news.

When I finished I tucked my diary away where no one will see it and go to take a shower. I love taking showers in the evening I'm not sure why it's just the feeling after a long day to have the warm water washing it away.

Getting changed into some comfy clothes I walked downstairs just in time for dinner.

Dinner was fine Mum and Dad talked about the baby a lot, so Marcus and I sometimes joined in on conversation. Overall it was a pleasant dinner for our family, Dad is still a bit distant towards us but it was fine. After diner I went up to my room and checked my phone.

Hey, I know you only agreed to meeting up today but I would really like it to be soon :) -Blair

I looked down at the screen instantly smiling as soon as I saw who the text was from.

Okay, so when? :) I replied with a smiling face. The little text bubbles arrived on the screen causing me to be anxious with anticipation.

Idk, maybe next weekend on Saturday? -Blair

Instantly I went to reply feeling an overwhelming buzz of joy and excitement.

Saturday is good :)

What time and where?

I asked back.

The location is a surprise and as for time I'll let you know soon :) -Blair

Placing my phone down on my bedside table I tried not to scream from excitement.

***
The next day I woke up like usual and got dressed. I've always hated Sundays because it means that tomorrow is school. But today I'm a little happier because of Blair asking me out. I get changed still smiling from yesterday. Today I feel like wearing tights and a black body-con skirt paired with a black collared top. Before I went out I also put on some ankle boots.

For breakfast I'm meeting Tess, April didn't want to come I'm guessing it's because of yesterday but she texted Tess say she felt unwell.

We went to the diner and I ordered some blueberry pancakes and a strawberry smoothie.  Tess ordered a vanilla smoothie and a waffle. Every time I see a strawberry smoothie (even though there delicious) I remember the horrible smell that lingered in my hair.

We started eating our food and chatting when the little bell above the door rang announcing that someone is entering. As I'm curious I looked over at the door and saw Blair and Kyle coming through the door. Blair looked around with Kyle. She looked and saw me with a hint of a blush on her cheeks.

Kyle and Blair went to a table but Blair got up and went over to the toilets. My phone buzzed in my bag so I took it out and looked at the screen.

Meet me in the toilets- Blair

————
Thank you so much if you have read this chapter.

:)