Chapter 22

You're already my favourite

***

"Of course, give me five," i say through the phone, pulling myself off the couch. I drop the blanket I had been wrapped in onto the sofa and grab my backpack. I bounce toward the door, grabbing my keys from the counter and locking the door on my out. I wait impatiently for the elevator, tapping my foot. As soon as it arrives I push the button, waiting for the doors to close. I make my way to the building next door. I take the lift back up there, stopping and getting out at the 12th floor and walking to Harry, Cal, and Freezys apartment. I knock on the door, and hear Cal shout "come in!", before pushing open the door and walking in.

"What's going on, why do I have to be over so urgently." I ask Cal.

"To help me plan Tobi's birthday," he states

"Tobi's what now? When is it?" I ask, confused.

"Today. Well tomorrow but the parties today," he says, "he doesn't like to tell people."

"Guess that's why I didn't know." i say, before falling onto the couch next to him.

"Will you help? It's a surprise party obviously."

"Obviously. So what's the plan?" I ask.

"First, we're going out to the shops to get decorations and food and shit and then we have to pick up the cake and then come back and set everything up," he says, reading off a list written on his hand.

"Sounds good," I say, "Is this gonna be a party party or just our actual friends?"

"I'm already being nice enough by throwing a party at all and now you expect me to make it boring? Nah we're going all out, I already texted everyone"

"So classic Lux style, got it."

He nods, then jumps up

"Ready to go?"

I hold my hand out and he pulls me up.

After a few hours of shopping, me and Cal come home with a cake, snacks, balloons, a birthday sign, and lots of alcohol.

Cal starts to get out bowls to put the snacks in and I sit on the couch, starting to blow up the balloons. I look through the bag, grabbing the balloons and looking around for the pump.

"Cal did we get a pump for the balloons?" I shout into the other room, not finding one in the bag.

"Of fuck I knew we were forgetting something."

He pokes his head around the corner, "Guess we have to do it by hand."

"By hand?" I question

"By... mouth?" he says confused, and then laughs and returns to the kitchen.

"Yeah thanks for the advice idiot," I mumble.

"What was that?" he shouts.

"Nothing, was just saying how how helpful you are!"

I rip the plastic packaging, taking out a balloon and stretching it. I start to blow up the balloon just as Freezy walks into the room, finished editing.

"Jade! What that mouth do?" he says.

I finish the balloon, tying it closed, and respond.

"Nothing to you, that's for sure."

"Oof, the sass!" Cal says, having joined us in the living room.

"Only cause you're in love with Tobi," Freezy says, smirking.