15 - SKETCHY

The four of us are in the moving car, sat in silence. Michonne is the one who's driving, Rick in the passenger seat while Carl and I are at the back.

Earlier this morning, I asked my mom why she let me come to this run. Not that I don't want to go, I'm just genuinely curious. At first she admitted that she didn't really wanted me to go, but when she found out that Carl's going, she knew that it would be hard for me to convince to not go. She said I always go anywhere with Carl, and that's not the only reason.

She let me come on this run because she said that I can handle myself without her around. That she believes I can handle myself without her.

It was surprising. Normally it would take hours of persuading my mom to let me come on runs, and if she does let me, she's either going or she's gonna tell someone to stay real close to me and watch me.

"Hey!" I got startled a little when I heard a man's voice yelling. I looked out of the window and saw a man outside, waving at us. "Slow down! Slow down! Slow... I'm begging you!"

We passed by him but I kept my eyes on him. I'd be lying if I say I didn't feel bad at all. The awful guilt sits on my chest and I curse myself for feeling this way.

Ahead, there are a few broken down cars. One is on the side of the road, laying on its side with a walker trapped between the car and the ground. There are some baggage and bags on top of a few cars, it could be useful to us.

But before we can make a stop or pass the cars, we got stuck. I think the tires got stuck on something and it's preventing the car to move. I impatiently wait for the car to move, but it doesn't.

I jumped in my seat when walkers appeared by the window on my side, before I saw that walkers are surrounding us. Not a lot, just a few.

"Cover your ears." Rick told us and we obey him.

I watch as Rick shoots walkers in the head, one by one. Waste of bullets, I know, but we don't have a choice. When the walkers are all dead, we got out of the car and started scavenging the left behind stuff.

I opened a bag and saw some clothing inside. I fish through it until I found a couple of shirts, pants and shorts that I think would fit me. I even got a shirt that I think would look good on Carl, before tossing it to him.

"What's this for?" He asked as he examines the navy blue shirt.

"For you to try on." I said before closing the bag. Not before grabbing a red blouse that I think would look good on my mom.

The next bag I found was a smaller one, and when I opened it, I saw undergarments and bras. I felt awkward even though I'm the only one who's seen it. I stuffed the clothes in that bag before grabbing it. Even though it's not completely sanitary to use these, we still need it.

I walked towards the car and placed the bag at the backseat, on the floor. Michonne asked me what it was, so I told her the truth. Even though she didn't held any smile, I see the amusement in her eyes. We both got inside the car as the two Grimes were outside.

"So..." I looked at Michonne as she looked at me through the rearview mirror. "You and Carl?"

"What about us?" I asked, pretending to be clueless but I know exactly what she's talking about. She gives me a look and I rolled my eyes. "Why does everyone think something's going on between me and him?"

"So there isn't anything going on between you two?" Michonne asked and I shook my head. It's true, there's nothing going on between me and Carl. Everyone else just thinks there's something between us. "We're just best friends."