PROLOGUE; PART TWO

FIRE AND BLOOD
( PROLOGUE; PART TWO )
"MY GENESIS
THIS IS WHERE IT ALL BEGINS"

FIRE AND BLOOD( PROLOGUE; PART TWO )"MY GENESISTHIS IS WHERE IT ALL BEGINS"

281, THE VALYRIAN FREEHOLD

SHE PULLED HERSELF ONTO THE NEARBY SHORE. Her lungs heaved with her every movement and her arms were weak and she basically had to claw her fingers into the ground, her nails tearing as she rolled onto dry land. 

Distantly, she heard shouting and lolled her head over to the side. Half of a mile away from where she now was, her ship floated in the Smoking Sea. Aerea looked around curiously.

How far had I floated? she thought to herself absently, pushing herself up to her hands and knees. She rested on her knees, running her fingers through the long grasses. Her neck craning as she took in the ruins of Old Valyria surrounding her. Tall grasses plagued the area and buildings were shells of their former glory, but in the distance, Aerea's eyes caught gleaming, magnificent towers still standing. 

I lived, she thought eyes wide with glee, they heard me, if they had refused to listen the creatures would have torn me apart! And they had-

In front of her, the waters shifted and Aerea's eyes were trained forward. All breath left her body as three creatures shot from the water, screeching and flying, and Aerea could hardly believe her eyes. Dancing above the water flew the three creatures; one bronze with a tan spinal crest and slightly darker wings, one black as the shadows with no other discernible shadows sans the smoky grey ridges along his back, and the third had scarlet scales and pink membranes on her wings.

"By the gods," Aerea whispered but her gaze was drawn as the fourth drew from the water, the red skies of Valyria reflecting off of his gleaming gold scales and pale pink and pale green wing membranes. Though as a newborn, it was small, it was still the largest of the four. "Dragons."

Not only had the gods accepted her prayers, but they also gave the means to avenge her family and bring upon a new age of peaceful Valyrian rule.

~~~

Four dragons, four gods; it was only acceptable that they were named in respect. The black dragon for Balerion, for both the dragon of Aegon and the god, the scarlet one for Syrax (Aerea had distantly thought that Viserys would have loved the dragon, his favorite color had always been red), the bronze for Vhagar and the gold for Meraxes.

Of the four, Meraxes had been the first to approach Aerea and she would never admit it, but she nearly peed herself when the young dragon found a place upon her shoulder, nudging his head into hers. Almost immediately, Aerea's heart swelled and her eyes couldn't leave those of the baby dragon's. 

This is a dragon, she thought to herself, still not comprehending that dragons had finally been reborn into the world, this is a dragon.