CHAPTER ONE

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER ONE )
"HOLY WATER CANNOT HELP YOU NOW
A THOUSAND ARMIES COULDN'T KEEP ME OUT"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER ONE )"HOLY WATER CANNOT HELP YOU NOWA THOUSAND ARMIES COULDN'T KEEP ME OUT"

290, KING'S LANDING

THEY APPROACHED THE GATE OF THE GODS WARILY, THE SKIES ABOVE DARK AND FOREBODING. The letter sent by 'Aerea Targaryen' had claimed that if Robert Baratheon and his council refused to meet with her when the sun was at its highest outside the gate, then she would rain fire and fury upon Westeros unlike anything ever seen before. Robert had advocated on calling her bluff but Jaime's father and the rest of his small council had advised him otherwise. 

"We should at least hear the girl out," the Master of Whisperers, Varys, had urged. "The threat may be a bluff, yes, but we should not unnecessarily risk lives."

Jaime had an odd feeling that Varys knew something that everyone else didn't and it made Jaime fairly worried because now he, the rest of the Kingsguard, Robert Baratheon and his council, and Jaime's father, who had been lingering around King's Landing for the past few days at the behest of Cersei, were about to walk into what could be a trap.

Archers lined the walls of the city, prepared to strike at a moment's notice, and a rather large force waited at the gates, ready to attack if necessary, but Jaime's fears were not quelled. He had a terrible feeling that something bad was going to happen and there would be nothing anyone could do about it.

The gates slowly rose and the dread he felt got worse as he saw, in the distance, several figures waiting in the distance one, who was sitting on a black horse, with unmistakably silver-gold hair who Jaime knew could only be Princess Aerea Targaryen. A mixture of relief and fear ran through his body because for one, by the gods, she's actually alright and for two, by the gods, Robert is going to kill her.

He watched as the King let out a noise akin to a snarl as he, apparently, recognized the hair color as well and he rode forward quickly on his steed, causing the others to hastily follow. 

Behind Aerea Targaryen and her group was a rather small army of Dornishmen and Tyrells, obviously only a small portion of them, both of their banners flying high but the ones that stood out were the menacing red and blacks of the Targaryen sigil, a banner that Jaime had never thought he would see in the air again.

Jaime swallowed thickly when his gaze focused on Princess Aerea as he drew closer. She was long from the innocent little girl that he had saved so many years ago, that was clear. Her previously joyful expressions were now cold and closed off and her pretty white dresses had been replaced with sleek black scale armor with scales as dark as smoke, edged in red and gold. He watched, fascinated, as with her every movement, the armor shifted, gleaming and shimmering revealing patterns within the metal, whorls and glyphs and arcane symbols folds into the steel. He realized, quickly, that this was Valyrian Steel armor, where in the Seven Hells had Aerea been that she found so much Valyrian Steel?