CHAPTER SIX

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER SIX )
"SO YOU WANNA START A WAR,
IN THE AGE OF ICONS?"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER SIX )"SO YOU WANNA START A WAR,IN THE AGE OF ICONS?"

290, KING'S LANDING

"WE'RE STARTING WITHOUT THE GREYJOYS," Aerea Targaryen finally decided as she sat with the small council for the third time on the same day. "We've waited long enough and everything is already prepared and set up. They should have been here days ago, they've sent no raven or rider. We'll go to them after this is done."

"We don't have the resources or time to go to Pyke right now, Your Grace," Baelish spoke up, "We can send-"

"I can get there and back in less than two days," Aerea said dismissively, wanting to get onto more important subjects before she had enough of everyone for the day.

"You can't presume to think you'll go alone," Baelish protested, "What if they turn on you?"

Almost as if on cue, she heard Vhagar let out a screech from above and Aerea looked at Baelish in annoyance, "I won't be alone," she said slowly, "I have four dragons in case you've forgotten."

Baelish seemed thoroughly subdued at the sound, shrinking back in his seat, "I assure you," he said, "I haven't forgotten, but my point still stands. If you go to Pyke and the Ironborn attack, what will you do?"

"I will raze their castles and lands to the grounds," Aerea said, "I promised fire and blood to anyone who refused to bend the knee and I do assure you I always follow through with my promises."

Pycelle looked as if he were about to protest but Aerea rose to her feet and left the room without another word, "The tourney commences tomorrow," she called back before slamming the door shut behind her.

"I feel like this is becoming a common occurrence," Jaime Lannister said, amused, from where he was posted outside the small council chambers and Aerea gave him an amused, but slightly confused look. "You always seem to be angry when you leave," he explained and Aerea laughed.

"Can you blame me?" Aerea rolled her eyes but felt significantly more relaxed than she had been before, "I'm dealing with Pycelle and Littlefinger."

"True," Jaime agreed, smiling lightly and Aerea turned her attention back to the stairs so she didn't trip and fall. She remembered a few years ago in Valyria when she was stupidly running down the steps of the ruins of the Temple of Meraxes while looked over at Theodor and ended up tripping and tumbling all the way down the steps. Theodor's laughs had scarred her for life.

"There's something I need to tell you," Aerea finally said, mind racing back to what Ned Stark had told her a few days ago and Jaime looked at her, curious, but she hesitated as she saw a soldier approach her from the corner of her eye, "Later."

"Your Grace, there is a problem in the courtyard that requires your attention," the soldier said nervously and Aerea raised her eyebrows.

"Why do I need to handle it?" Aerea asked, irritated, "What is going on?"