CHAPTER TEN

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER TEN )
"BUT IN ALL CHAOS THERE IS CALCULATION"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER TEN )"BUT IN ALL CHAOS THERE IS CALCULATION"

290, RED KEEP

AS AEREA ENTERED THE ROOM, SHE COULD FEEL THE TENSION. Baelish and the envoy from the Iron Bank were sitting across from one another at a small table. Luckily, their attention was drawn away from one another as she entered the room. They rose to their feet simultaneously, Baelish bowed down, "Your Grace," he greeted and Aerea nodded for him to sit before turning her attention to the Iron Bank's representative.

The dark haired man nodded his head down in respect, "Your Grace, my name is Noho Dimittis. The Iron Bank appreciates the accommodations you've prepared for us."

"Of course," Aerea said, taking a seat at the head of the table and looking a Baelish, "I presume you've already gone through what we've been doing to begin to settle the debts?"

"Yes, Your Grace," Baelish said and Aerea glanced at Noho Dimittis as he cleared his throat.

"Yes, before we get started, the Iron Bank would like to announce its support for your reign," Niho Dimittis said and Aerea physically felt relief at his words but forced herself not to show it outwardly. "We, of course, are not fools. You are the first Targaryen dragonlord in over one hundred years, all but unchallenged throughout the known world. We recognize that despite the challenges you've faced thus far, that your rule has only just begun. Seeing as you have already taken actions to sate the massive debt left by your predecessor, we are willing to be reasonably accommodating with loans and time."

Aerea nodded slowly, "We thank you for your generosity," she said honestly, "I understand that it had been difficult working with the Usurper as he had refused to meet with your envoys every time they were sent to discuss matters with the throne. I intend on being available at all times, it's important to me that the Crown's relationship with the Iron Bank is strong."

"We are truly glad to hear that," Noho Dimittis said, "We looked over the taxes you've placed on the lands of the regions that rebelled in the last war and the high tariffs placed on imported goods from the Free Cities. Taking into consideration the possible cutback of goods from the Free Cities in retaliation to the tariffs, you're set to have the three million gold debt paid off in around a year and a half to two year's time. Until that time, we will suspend sending large amounts of money to the Westerosi Crown as a means to not further the debt."

Aerea frowned briefly, remembering her discussion with Theodor earlier, "The Royal Fleet was destroyed by the Greyjoys when they attacked. We have no eyes on the water. Is there any way that the limited money can take effect after we've rebuilt the fleet?"

Noho Dimittis didn't speak for a moment but he finally spoke up, "Yes, we can see to it that you have the funds for rebuilding the Royal Fleet. It will be added onto the three million."