CHAPTER FIVE

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER FIVE )
"WE ALL KNOW HOW TO FAKE IT, BABY
WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE'VE DONE"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER FIVE )"WE ALL KNOW HOW TO FAKE IT, BABYWE ALL KNOW WHAT WE'VE DONE"

290, KING'S LANDING

"WHERE IN HELL ARE THE GREYJOYS?" Aerea Targaryen asked nearly seething as she paced around her chambers, "Even the bloody Starks are a day away and there hasn't been a word from those fucking squids."

"I don't think they'd appreciate you calling them squids," Willas said offhandedly, "They consider that quite derogatory."

Aerea threw him an irritated look, to which he just looked up and gave her a simpering smirk before returning to whatever book he was reading. Aerea paused in her step in front of the fireplace, appreciating the warmth for a moment before continuing her route around the room, a frown marring her face. 

The Greyjoys, she thought getting herself increasingly more annoyed. They were always a problem. Under her ancestors' reigns, under her father's, as far as she knew they were causing problems for the Usurper in the past few years as well. Now they were causing problems for her and Aerea was not about to stand for it.

"I'm sure they'll be here," Willas finally said, "You don't need to get all wound up about it." 

Aerea nearly rolled her eyes, "By the gods where is Oberyn when I need him?" she complained sitting down at her desk roughly and Willas laughed, closing his book. 

"Why? So he can rile you up even more?" he grinned, looking thoroughly amused, "When one of you gets angry, you feed off of each other's anger until you both explode."

Not nearly as amused as he was, Aerea just glared sharply at him before returning her attention back to the papers on her desk, but even as she began to start reading the documents again, Draqo let out a quiet snort of amusement, as if he had been trying to hide it, and Aerea looked at him betrayed as he and Willas burst into laughter.

Aerea did roll her eyes as she shot the two an entirely impassive look. "I don't know why you think this is so funny," she muttered, "What if they're planning something?"

"Aerea," Willas said, looking at her, "No one in their right mind will try something against you. Bloody hell you have dragons."

Aerea remained unconvinced, "Bold of you to assume that the Greyjoys are ever of their right mind."

~~~

Ned Stark didn't think he'd ever been so nervous in his life as he knelt before the Iron Throne after reciting his vows of fealty to the Queen, Aerea Targaryen, who hadn't yet said a word to him. He spared a brief glance up to where she was lounging against the throne, somehow looking comfortable in the forsaken metal monstrosity. She stared down at him, expression indiscernible and Ned truly feared for his life--the last time Starks had gone to King's Landing to meet with a Targaryen despot, it hadn't gone well for them and he was sure, now, that he was about to meet a similar fate.